2006 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 330:

2006 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 12)

Jun 012011

330

About June 1, 2011, my 2006 BMW 330I (sport seats) had a red airbag light illuminate. I took the car to the local BMW dealership and was told it would cost me a couple hundred dollars to diagnose the problem. The service manager asked if I recently changed batteries and I said that I did. He said sometimes the airbag light comes on if the battery wasn't installed properly. In 2014, I did some research and found that BMW knew of a problem with airbags in their 2006 330I vehicles- especially those with sport seats. The report I read stated that there would be a voluntary recall by the end of 2014. I contacted BMW and they confirmed, by email, there would be a recall for specific 2006 330I vehicles with sport seats. Upon checking a recall website, my vehicle was not included in the recall despite the fact that my vehicle suffers from the problem that initiated the recall. BMW knows they have a problem with airbags in certain vehicles, they should be required to recall all of them.

- Cleveland, GA, USA

Apr 282014

330 6-cyl

Pass. Restraint system fault in passenger-restraint system affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt-force limiter. Continue to wear the safety belt. Restraint system malfunctioning!

- North Andover, MA, USA

Aug 292011

330 6-cyl

The passenger airbag light comes on when someone is sitting in the seat. Sometimes it comes on when there is no one in the seat. This has been going on for the four years I have owned the car and BMW says there is no recall or can fix it. I have read on the internet other people with the exact same problem and have said there was a recall and have had the sensor looked at. This is a safety issue and needs attention.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Jan 052015

330 6-cyl

Airbag warning came on and after research found a recall. I contacted BMW and they claim my VIN is not one of the affected by the recall, which appears to be a trend. Please assist in finding a solution to this extremely critical safety system.

- Burlington, CA, USA

Aug 042014

330 6-cyl

The passenger restraint system alert message appeared on the vehicle display. The message reads "fault in passenger restraint system affecting the airbag, belt tensioner or belt force limiter. Continue to wear the safety belt". I took the vehicle to the local BMW dealer and they stated this vehicle problem was not covered by the BMW airbag recall. The dealer generically quoted that a repair to the mrs control system needed repaired/ replaced and would cost $975. This alert message does not stay on all of the time, it is intermittent.

- Saltsburg, PA, USA

Apr 042015

330 4WD 6-cyl

Passenger airbag warning system keeps coming on. It is not working properly.

- Kenmore, WA, USA

Mar 122015

330 6-cyl

The air bag light came on and I called BMW customer relations. They told me to take it to a BMW dealer to have the front seat occupant protection mat replaced under an extended warranty (NHTSA campaign number 13V564000). The BMW dealer in long beach said it isn't listed as a recall item and they want $180 just to perform a check to see if there is a problem, which is ridiculous.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Feb 252015

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330xi. The contact stated that while operating the vehicle, the passenger side air bag sensor light illuminated, indicating that the passenger side air bag system was faulty. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and the contact was informed that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The contact stated that the vehicle experienced the same failure listed in the recall. The failure mileage was 101,000.

- Lafayette Hill, PA, USA

Jan 022015

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that the passenger air bag sensor failed as the air bag light illuminated on the instrument. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician determined that the air bag inflator needed to be replaced. Also, the technician stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA recall campaign number: 14V428000 (air bag). The failure mileage was 113,000. The VIN was not available.

- Killen, TX, USA

Jul 012013

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that when the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the passenger seat occupancy sensor needed to be replaced. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Taylors, SC, USA

Nov 012014

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330xi. While driving 10 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. In addition, the passenger restraint system, fault in passenger restraint system, affecting air bag belt tensioner or belt force limiter was displayed across the message board. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and unknown repairs were performed. The vehicle was then taken to an independent mechanic for additional unknown repairs. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,000.

- Port Washington, NY, USA

Jan 222015

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Oro Valley, AZ, USA

May 012014

330

Recall campaign no. 13V-564. I have one of the affected cars on this recall notice. I have contacted BMW of North America and the local dealer two times each and have been told "when the parts are available I will be notified". the recall letter is dated May 2014. It is now Jan 2015. This is a safety issue I believe that should be handled with more urgency.

- Gig Harbor, WA, USA

Sep 012014

330 6-cyl

I received a safety recall notice in September 2014 from BMW regarding a defective airbag for my car (recall campaign no. 14V-428: Front passenger air bag). I have called several BMW dealerships since September 2014 to replace my airbag and all say that airbags are unavailable due to the magnitude of the recall. I am writing this to bring attention to the fact that replacement of defective airbags are not being performed since airbags are not available. Other than a recall notice, is there anything being done by authorities to escalate this issue so the problem can be rectified?

- Ramsey, NJ, USA

Jan 082015

330 6-cyl

I had a full sized adult passenger in the front seat. While driving the airbag light went off as well as the " passenger airbag off" light and seat belt light. The passenger was heavy enough for airbag deployment. After the passenger got out of the vehicle the light stayed on for about 15 minutes before turning off randomly. Before this incident the light would come on briefly by itself with no one in the seat but this is the first time it really acted up. I checked the VIN to see if it had any recalls and it showed 0. I checked online for recalls in general and did see one for this issue same model and year but standard seats now I have the upgraded seats but the issue is still the same. This recall should be for all seat types if the issue is present! I can't believe this isn't a more concerning matter, these our suppose to be life safety devices! I don't feel safe!

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Dec 312014

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330ci. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fresco, TX, USA

Jun 182014

330 6-cyl

The air bag and seatbelt sensor on the passenger side is on while driving the vehicle. The indicator lights are always on.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Dec 012014

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330xi. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning light continuously illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000.

- Everett, MA, USA

Oct 302014

330 6-cyl

Passenger side airbags are deactivated. I am receiving through the idrive computer the following message "system restraint malfunction", also the passenger air bag light is always on the instruments cluster. I found out that there are several complaints, and an existing recall about this same issue but I was told at my BMW dealer that my VIN number was not included. I am having the same exact issue that others have complained about and it is a serious safety issue that BMW should address accordingly. Once again, even though my vehicle make, model and year follow the criteria of the existing recall, my VIN number was not included.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Aug 132014

330

Recall was issued on my BMW air bags which a serious safety concern. I was notified of this in August and there are no parts yet available to fix this problem and then I was told that there is a 200 person wait list when they do finally become available. In the meantime I will not drive my family in this car as the passenger airbag has been recalled due to safety. The time frame to fix this problem is not "timely."

- Denver, CO, USA