2007 BMW 335 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 335:

2007 BMW 335 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Sep 112015

335

I was driving down the road at 35 mph after getting off work at 7:00pm. Upon less than half a mile from my employment another vehicle drifted in to my lane causing a head on collision. Upon impact my 2007 BMW 335I was immediately pushed back in to my knees and the only airbag to deploy was the front driver airbag. The seatbelt that I was wearing also did not lock and I sustained injuries to my head from hitting it against the windshield. Upon the vehicles coming to rest the driver side door was unable to be opened but the airbag located on the driver seat never even deployed. My passenger seat was shattered from the crash and broke in to several pieces, but the passenger airbag did not deploy. After speaking with law enforcement and researching recalls on the 2007 BMW 335I. There were several recalls for the passenger side airbag and I have never received any notification from BMW on any recalls concerning the airbags. Fortunately I did not have my wife or kids in the car with me, as this possibly would have resulted in the loss of life. I truly believe this needs to be investigated and that a penalty or class action suit of some sort should be filed against BMW of North America for their lack of safety concerns towards consumers.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Jul 042015

335

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 335xi. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator was illuminated and remained illuminated until the vehicle was powered off. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The vehicle was brought to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired due to the vehicle having over 100,000 miles. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 126,000.

- New Berlin, WI, USA

Jul 072015

335

No accident happened. However, my car is experiencing the same exact issues as this current BMW recall: NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 however, even though my car falls within the model year 2006/2007 3 series as described in the recall and it's experiencing the same exact issue as described in the recall, BMW says my car does not fall in the recall or extended warranty. Every time someone sits in the passenger seat, the warning comes up that the airbag has malfunctioned and has been disabled. This is a serious safety concern.

- Cheshire, CT, USA

Mar 032015

335

Airbag problem light constantly lit; "passenger airbag off" light always on even when there is a passenger in the seat. Mechanic states that the car is giving a code for a failed passenger occupancy sensor. There is already a recall for this model and year (NHTSA campaign 13V564000), but my car (build date July 07, 3-series with sports seats) is not eligible for the recall or the voluntary warranty extension according to BMW.

- Denton, TX, USA

Jun 102015

335

The front seat occupant protection mat in the 2007 BMW 328xi is displayed on my dash instrumentation for over a year.in the event of a crash the front passenger air bag could be deactivated resulting in personal injury. I looked up the recalls on this vehicle and it indicated that the model was recalled. I called BMW customer relations to inquire about the recall and the representative informed me that my vehicle VIN number was not part of the recall. I understand that numerous BMW owners have made a similar complaint about their vehicle and recalls are usually initiated in this manner. Regardless of the production time that my vehicle was made, my vehicle has the same defect as the other vehicles and should be replaced by BMW.

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Mar 012015

335 6-cyl

There is message on the screen saying fault in restraint system. Dealer wants me to pay for the diagnostics. I think these cars should be recalled for this issue.

- Union City, CA, USA

Mar 122014

335 6-cyl

Supplemental restraint systems (SRS) front passenger air bag seat occupancy sensor (OC3) mat faulty. Very dangerous! passenger airbag will not deploy in the event of an accident! BMW should recall this!

- Paducah, KY, USA

Dec 152014

335

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 335I. While starting the vehicle, the message "fault in passenger restraint affecting air bag tensioner or belt force limiter, restraint system malfunction" was displayed across the message board. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the seat mat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags), but the VIN was not included in the recall. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Nov 012014

335

A light on my dashboard came up saying that my passenger airbag was not functioning correctly.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 222013

335 6-cyl

The air bag and seat belt lights have been on for about a year now. There is a safety recall listing my vehicle make, model and year. I have contacted bmwusa and a local BMW dealership with both claiming my vehicle is not included in the recall. However, my vehicle make, model, year and vehicle production date is specifically listed in the recall notice listed on the NHTSA website. I don't understand why it is listed or why BMW is not assisting further.

- Austin, TX, USA

Aug 272014

335 6-cyl

Fault code "passenger restraint system malfunction" appears on the vehicle. No accident the code is faulty. Code could affect the passenger if vehicle was involved in collision.

- Wahiawa, HI, USA

Jun 022014

335 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 335I. The contact stated that the front passenger side air bag warning light illuminated. The contact mentioned that the front passenger seat remained unoccupied to prevent any further failures. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the passenger occupancy sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000. Updated 9/18/14 the consumer stated the vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer did not offer any assistance. Updated 02/05/2015

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Jun 032014

335

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 335I. The contact stated that while traveling 60 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated although the passenger seat was occupied. The failure occurred on two seperate ocassions. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 112,000 and the current mileage was 112,900.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Apr 282014

335 6-cyl

Passenger restraint malfunction, airbags disabled. Front passenger seat mat failure.

- Scotts Valley, CA, USA

Apr 132014

335 6-cyl

After cleaning my car I tried to start it, when suddenly a warning light popped up indicating that there was a passenger restraint malfunction. The warning, further indicated that all seat belt be worn immediately when driving. I took it to the BMW dealership only to find out after paying for diagnosis fee, that there was an internal fault in the rollover protection controller thereby affecting the deployment of airbags in case of a crash.the dealership told me this safety feature for convertibles wasn't under dealership warranty. This a safety issue and should be addressed as such, I would think.

- Monroe, NC, USA

Mar 132014

335

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 335I. The contact stated that the front passenger's side restraint malfunction message displayed as air bag sensor light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact was informed that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 13V564000 (air bags). The contact stated the vehicle exhibited the same failure that was listed in the recall report. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Aug 152013

335 6-cyl

I got in my car after driving it to the park & got a fault that said restraint system malfunction. Fault in passenger restraint system affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt- force limiter. I researched this & found that it is a problem with the sensor in the passenger seat mat. I found that this is a recall on my car & year, but when I call, they say it doesn't apply to my VIN. This has been a huge problem with a ton of owners. I've also read that most of the people call & complain & they'll end up fixing it under the recall. But, I'm having no luck. I'd understand if it was just me, but they've recalled it on the sane exact car & year as mine & I don't understand why mine wouldn't fall under this recall!

- Farmington, UT, USA

Nov 052013

335 6-cyl

Have had issue with my one of my 2 --- 2007 330I's dashboard light came on with a message "pass restraint system malfunction". a detailed message says "fault in passenger-restraint system affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt-force limiter took it to the dealer and they said I need a new passenger seat air bag sensor with a replacement cost of over $1000,00. I recently learned BMW has had a problem with this part and has recalled 2006-2007 cars but any vehicle made after September 2006 is not on the recall list. Mine were manufactured Jan 2007. I've been informed that my vehicle has the same part as the recalled ones and believe that BMW should recall all their vehicles with this same passenger seat sensor problem.

- Grafton, MA, USA

Nov 152013

335

I own a BMW 3 series 2007 that I purchased 3 years ago with a dealer. Six weeks ago a dash board light came on with a message "pass restraint system malfunction". a detailed message says "fault in passenger-restraint system affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt-force limiter. Continue to wear the safety belt. Have the system checked by the nearest BMW center". I have searched this online and it seems BMW 3 and 5 series cards manufactured in 2003 - 2008 have this issue. It is a safety related issue that BMW should recall and fix immediately.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Sep 012008

335

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 335I. While parked the contact noticed the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics. The technician stated the air bag sensor in the front passenger seat needed to be replaced. The sensor was replaced. In addition, the brake light illuminated on the instrument panel. The technician stated the computer would have to be reprogrammed. The failure continued after the computer was reprogrammed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer a second time for diagnostics but the technicians were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 12,000.

- Melbourne, FL, USA