2010 BMW 335 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 BMW 335:

2010 BMW 335 Owner Comments

Aug 102015

335

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 BMW 335I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Sep 092016

335

Takata recall my local Kentucky dealer states they have no idea when my 6 year old 335 will be fixed and it may take another two years.. it's like driving an air bag time bomb. They also state Kentucky is very low on the priority list since they don't sell as many cars. Unacceptable!

- Midway, KY, USA

Feb 052016

335

Takata recall I was notified on Feb. 5, 2016, of the recall, and nothing has been done in over 6 months.

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

Aug 032016

335

The contact owns a 2010 BMW 335I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Jul 282016

335

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 BMW 335I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

May 302016

335

Takata recall. I was involved in a minor, slow speed accident where my vehicle rear-ended the vehicle in front. The airbags deployed with such force that both front passenger windows were blown out and the windshield cracked. I suffered partial hearing loss as a result. Vehicle was moving at approximately 15-20 mph on a highway at the time.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 202015

335

Driving from work on a snowing day, going about 25 to 35. The rear of the car started going to the other side of lane. I traded to get control but it was to late. I hit a guard rail and the air bags never came out.

- Allentown, PA, USA

Aug 212014

335 6-cyl

I am 5'2", fat and wanted either an on/switch for my front driver's airbag, or I was going to apply under your guidelines to have the driver's airbag disconnected. BMW apparently can do neither since their airbag is tied into its electrical system. I have gotten nothing but a run around regarding what for me is a safety issue. I don't want to be decapitated in the event of a crash. Do you have any enforcement authority over this that would make BMW comply with your requirements?

- Durham, NC, USA