2006 BMW 750 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 102014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the front passengers side air bag light flashed and indicated that the air bag was off. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000.

- Canton, GA, USA

Jul 012014

750 8-cyl

Warning message appears for driver restraint system failure for driver seat tensioner. Identical to passenger seat restraint warning that was recalled only difference is that it is for the drivers side.

- Chino, CA, USA

Sep 102014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Philadelphia , PA, USA

Aug 202014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact that the driver's side air bag warning light illuminated. The independent mechanic diagnosed that the seat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The contact stated that he had the seat sensor replaced on the passenger's side under NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer had not been notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Bellview, WA, USA

Mar 032014

750 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the driver side air bag sensor illuminated. The dealer stated that the air bag sensor in the seat needed to be replaced. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag seat sensor had already been replaced recently. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000. Updated 11/06/14

- Murietta, CA, USA

Jan 092014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact crashed the vehicle and stated that the air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The manufacturer was notified. The speed was unknown. The failure mileage was 118,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

May 012014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750 li. The contact stated that immediatelly after starting the vehicle, the air bag warning lamp illuminated on the instrument panel. Also, the passenger front air bag light indicator illuminated when there was something placed in the seat. The failure occurred several times. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The failure mileage was 110,000 and the current mileage was 121,000.

- Cresson, TX, USA

May 022014

750 8-cyl

I started getting an error on my I-drive about a month ago stating that there was a problem with my air bag/restraint system and found the recall notice on the NHTSA website. I called my local dealer and made an appointment to get it repaired under warranty. I was told that BMW currently does not have a recall for this issue, and was forced to pay using my extended warranty. I ended up having to pay $260 out of pocket after deductible and extra charges because my extended warranty company did not want to pay the high hourly labor rate of the dealer. So I had to pay the difference. I told the dealer about the recall on the NHTSA site & they said that unless BMW has it in the system showing that it affects my specific vehicle, it is not valid...

- Anderson, IN, USA

Jan 022014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jan 072014

750

The contact owns 2006 BMW 750li. The contact received the notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number 13V564000 (air bags). The contact stated that the repair was not taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. The dealer indicated parts were not available. Contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer has not been contacted.

- Salam, NC, USA

Sep 052012

750 8-cyl

On date in question my girlfriend sat down on the passenger seat and a red light appeared on my dash board. I took my veh to the dealer and was told it wasn't a warrantee issue and it would cost me approx $1500 also I was told my airbags would not work. I decided not to fix the problem. Several months later I received a recall notice for this same issue. I immediately call the dealer and informed them that I received a recall for this issue and I was told that I have to wait for another letter. I'm concerned about my safety, why is it taking so long for this letter from BMW of North America.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 142012

750

NHTSA campaign #13V564000; called BMW to find why I have not received the recall letter as my passenger side front seat airbag light is illuminated. I was told that my VIN is not included in the recall. It looks like they picking and choosing cars instead of recalling all cars that have this manufacturing defect. Needs corrective action.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Feb 022014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, another vehicle crashed into the driver's side. The vehicle flipped over three times but none of the air bags deployed. The vehicle was destroyed and the driver sustained injuries to the neck, back and both knees. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 2/27/14 the consumer stated the vehicle that struck into the driver's side was traveling at least 40 mph. The consumer's vehicle was inspected and found to be a total loss...updated 04-23-14 04/25/2014

- Stockton, CA, USA

Sep 112013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the driver's side restraint system warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 78,000 and the current mileage was 88,906.

- Hiram, GA, USA

Nov 022013

750 8-cyl

2006 BMW 750 li. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle defective air bag system. The consumer took the vehicle to the dealer, due to the air bag light illuminating. He was informed the indicator light was on due to a defect in the drivers side seat sensor for the air bag system. He was also informed the passenger side seat sensor had been identified as defective in a prior service bulletin, and had it been the passenger side, there would have been no charge to replace it.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Aug 272013

750 8-cyl

Vehicle had indication of passenger mat sensor failure. Spoke to dealership with no luck on coverage. Called recall number and was told there was only a recall on vehicle for transmission going into neutral. Vehicle was serviced at dealership for water pump failure a few months ago and I asked about recalls and was told there were none for my VIN. This is the 3rd thing to fail in less than a year of purchase. 1st was door actuator failure, 2nd water pump failure, and now mat sensor.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

Jun 062013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750lil. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the driver and passenger's side air bags deployed without any impact to the vehicle as the engine stalled. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Jun 062013

750 8-cyl

Driving, with my wife as passenger, on 118 fwy, in simi valley California at approx. 11:30 pm on June 6 when air bags deployed without warning, and without collision or impact. Engine was disabled and I was miraculously able to coast the vehicle to the side of the road, despite lack of vision from airbag and from dust inside vehicle. No indication of any impact whatsoever. Vehicle was completely disabled and I was barely able to get vehicle out of traffic lane. Dashboard had two messages: 1. "engine malfunction" 2. "fault in passenger restraint system affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt force limiter" vehicle was towed to a local BMW vehicle on Monday, June 10, and I have been waiting to hear something/anything from BMW factory ever since. Clearly, this accident could very well have been a fatality had there been traffic on the freeway or had we not been extremely fortunate.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

May 132013

750

I started my car and have a red warning in my screen said fault in passenger restraint system affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt-force limiter. Fasten and continue to wear belts. Please contact the nearest BMW center.

- Pax River , MD, USA

Dec 242012

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 7 series. The contact stated that while parked, the air bag and seat belt warning lights illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician advised that the sensor mat in the front passenger's seat would have to be replaced. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) but was advised by the manufacturer that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Fort Gordon, GA, USA