2006 BMW 750 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Sep 152016

750

I just purchased a 2006 BMW 750I. Beautiful car. I saw that it had a recall. So I took it to the BMW dealership in charlotte nc northlake to get it checked out because I just bought the vehicle. I told them about the recall and they said they would check it. It's the year 2016 and they tell me that the recall was for 10 years and that they wouldnt repair the problem. My car is 10 years old and I dont understand why they wont repair it. And its a very serious problem for me and my family. The airbag is a very serious recall. Was just hoping that I could get some help with this issue. I dont feel as if I should have to pay for the repairs on such a serious defect. And it was a recall for a reason

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 052016

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. While driving various speeds, the air bag warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel, which indicated there was an issue with the passenger occupant protection mat. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 94,000.

- Oakdale, MN, USA

Nov 202015

750

The airbag light is on and seat belt light is on, I can't get them off, and I don't know what the problem is, the dash board has both light on the over head seatbelt light is on that say the passenger airbag is off and I never turn it off can I get some help with this problem, no one send me nothing on a recall of my vehicle.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Jul 032016

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving at various speed, the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there was a faulty code on the passenger seat. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 87,519.

- Charlestown, IN, USA

May 242016

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The contact noted that the failure occurred after the vehicle was restarted, but not while driving. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. Prior to the failure, the vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 100,000.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Jan 152016

750

Restraint passenger fault system indicator all of a sudden is on and speakers xrackling and navigation flickering. Also drive control indicator comes on periodically but will go back out for months then just come on. Also transmission seem slow all of a sudden not gradual when these items started taking affect all this while movinf the drive control light scared the heck out of me on the interstate when I first saw it.

- Lancaster, TX, USA

Apr 012016

750

The airbag light and the restraint massage

- Charles City, VA, USA

Mar 242016

750

While operating the vehicle, the passenger restraint sensor would illuminate and the seat belt/air bag warning would display. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 103,000.

- Charles City, VA, USA

May 122015

750

"takata recall" the passenger air bags are not functioning it pop up on my cluster when I was starting up my vehicle from home. I recieved a recall letter from NHTSA when I took it to the BMW dealer it wasnt on the system so they couldnt replace my air bags for the passanger side

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 152015

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the occupant air bag restraint warning light illuminated. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Dec 012015

750

Passenger side door opens on its on as stated in recall threatening the safety nad life of my passenger my air bag warning lights are constantly displayed. My air bag system is now compromised and this is another BMW recall on vehicles in this years make and model. But vehicle is exhibiting all of these defects/problems but I am excluded. Id like to know the legality of my exclusion before I go further with any legal action when I attempted to move my vehicle initially the first instance of occurrence caught my attention concerning the door. And the air bag warning stays on from the time I start the car until I turn it off.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 012015

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. While operating the vehicle, the passenger restraint sensor would illuminate and the seat belt/air bag warning would display. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Valdosta, GA, USA

Jun 232015

750

Drivers seat sensor mat malfunction light came on. When this light is on the airbags will not deploy in the event of an accident. I did research and found that this is a on going issue on this vehicle. Please help save lives by authorizing a recall.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Nov 062014

750

There was a recall on the passenger side air bag. Took it to the dealer to get it fixed. After fixing the passenger side air bag, the drive side air bag faulty light came on. My service adviser asked me to leave the car with them which I did and after few days they called me to pick up the car without fixing it unless I pay for probable cause for the faulty light. Estimated cost $4,000.

- Highland, CA, USA

Dec 012014

750

Alert stating passenger side airbag was non-functional & remains that way. Should be part of air bag recall. Other same year, make & model bmws have been recalled for this problem

- Canton, GA, USA

Jan 052015

750 8-cyl

BMW have a recall on 2006 BMW 750li passenger seat mat, this defect will keep the air bag from deploying during an accident. But in most BMW, from friends of mine the driver seat mat is the one that defective on a regular bases but BMW is avoiding the repair, this defect can a will cause someone their life. The recall# 13V564000 for the passenger seat mat, but the driver seat mat is the problem. My drive seat mat is broken my car only have 72000 miles on the car, BMW is avoiding the repair. Correct now or some one will die soon, because of this defect.....updated 04/23/15

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Mar 022011

750 8-cyl

The door don't latch correctly, I had the door latches replace in 2011 and they have broken again. BMW have a recall on the door latches from 2005 to 2007. My car is a 2006, they say the defective part is not in my car but they key breaking. The recall # 12V504000 for the door latch. BMW dealership refuse to replace or refuse to recall all the vehicle, the door will open during driving and the driver or passenger will have to hold the door till the vehicle is stopped. Please help this is a public safety warning to BMW.....updated 04/23/15 the consumer also recall# 13V564000.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Mar 102014

750 8-cyl

Airbag warning (restraint system failure) always shows up when car is started and in operation.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jan 062014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The contact stated that the recall was remedied; however, the driver seat occupant detection mat began to exhibit the same exact failures as mentioned in the recall. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was notified that the driver's side was not recalled and would not be repaired free of charge. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures, but no solution was provided. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Cocoa, FL, USA

Oct 152013

750 8-cyl

Front passenger seat occupancy sensor mat is faulty and is affecting SRS system.

- Roseamead, CA, USA