- August 1: BMW Recalls Older 3-Series and 5-Series Cars recalls | 16 days ago
- July 15: BMW Recalls 14,000 Vehicles to Replace Reflectors recalls | 33 days ago
- July 5: BMW Recalls M760Li and Other Models in 2 Recalls recalls | 43 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 60 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls 2017 X5 M and X6 M Cars recalls | 68 days ago
2016 BMW X1
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 BMW X1
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 BMW X1 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2016 BMW X1 STEERING:GEAR BOX (OTHER THAN RACK AND PINION) NHTSA Campaign #15V887000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling one model year 2016 MINI Cooper Hardtop 2 Door vehicle manufactured November 24, 2015, and one BMW X1 Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) manufactured October, 19 2015. The steering gearbox may have been manufactured with incorrect parts.
Consequence: A gearbox malfunction may cause a loss of vehicle control and increase the risk of a crash.
Actions: BMW will replace the steering gearbox, free of charge. Affected vehicles are located in dealer inventory and will be remedied before customer retail. The recall began on December 28, 2015. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V887000 »