2006 BMW X3 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW X3:

2006 BMW X3 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 152011

X3 6-cyl

2006 BMW X3 heater on the drivers seat malfunctioned and burned a hole in the seat and my coat.

- Poughquag, NY, USA

Jan 052010

X3

The contact owns a 2006 BMW X3. While driving approximately 45 mph the heater on the drivers seat malfunctioned and burned a hole in the seat. As a result the driver was injured. The dealer was contacted and stated that they would not cover the repair cost because the warranty expired. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for repairs. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Winter Park, CO, USA

Dec 302010

X3 6-cyl

06 BMW X3 3.0 driver seat heater gets extrememy hot in one spot. Hot enough to cause a burn if not turned off quickly.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Nov 032010

X3 6-cyl

We were driving in cold weather and activated the seat warmers on the driver and front passenger sides when we detected an odor of something burning and smoking. We stopped and got out of our SUV and discovered a burnt hole/spot on the driver's seat, lower left seat back bolster. On taking it our BMW dealer for repair, we were told that the seat warmer was defective and that is what caused the burnt hole/spot on the seat back, I.e., "failed component 3". further we were told that our SUV was two months out of warranty, and that the cost of repair would cost $2,900. We have searched the internet and discovered similar malfunctions on bmws equipped with seat warmers. Further, we had to replace the seat warmer system on the front passenger side approximately two years ago because it too became inoperative. This is a clear case for BMW to absorb the cost of repair, since this seat warmer malfunction has a history of occurrences. Thank you for your attention regarding this case.wv

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Nov 022010

X3 6-cyl

2006 BMW X3.heated seats burned a hole on the left side of the driver seat causing burns to my left thigh.

- Forest Hills, NY, USA

Feb 052010

X3

2/5/10 smell of fire in my 2006, BMW, X3, noticed drivers seat had a burnt hole mark. I brought the vehicle to the BMW service department and the service department found a manufacturing fault in the seat, heater shorted out.

- Ossining, NY, USA