2010 Buick Enclave steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick Enclave:

2010 Buick Enclave Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Feb 012013

Enclave 6-cyl

The steering wheel is very difficult to turn to the left and to the right.

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Apr 152013

Enclave 6-cyl

Steering has always made a noise like corduroy pants rubbing together and has progressively become more lacks. Also the steering becomes hard to turn at low speeds like turning into a parking spot or making a left hand turn from a stop and requires a lot of effort to turn the vehicle. This could be a very dangerous situation and could cause an accident. I have taken my vehicle to the dealer and they of course replaced the steering rack for 1300 dollars and it did not fix the turning issue. I have to bring it back and I am sure it will need a new steering pump. Help. I have read about this issue online and it seems to be a very common problem with this vehicle. We know three other families with this car and they have all had the steering rack and power steering pump replaced. I think GM should stand behind their vehicles. I have 57,000 miles on my vehicle and of course it is out of warranty. Help!

- North Kingstown, RI, USA

Apr 022013

Enclave 6-cyl

Rack and pinion needed to be replaced control arm needed to be replaced steering bushing needed to be replaced.

- Whitehouse, TX, USA

Apr 292013

The power steering pump has already gone bad. Apparently, this is a wide-spread problem as a simple google search turned up many people with 2009/2010 Enclaves that have had to replace their power steering pump between 50K and 75K miles. Many other complaints have actually had the rack and pinon steering needed replaced as a result of the same problem. (bad pump caused damage to other parts). The dealership cannot ascertain at this time whether my vehicle needs new rack and pinion steering yet until they replace the pump first.

- Hillsborough, NC, USA

Apr 192013

Enclave 6-cyl

Inspection reveals power steering fluid need replacing, found rack and pinion leaking into boots.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Mar 262013

Enclave 6-cyl

The power steering gets very stiff to the point that I have a hard time turning or even trying to turn the wheel to park! I've been reading in the internet about a lot of people's complaints and no one has done anything about it or even try to investigate if it could be a problem due to faulty equipment!! the repair cost is very expensive $2400 dollars we need someone to do something about this problem! maybe there should be a recall!! due to faulty or defective equipment!!!! please take the time to read everybody's complaints in the internet !! the worst thing about it we can not get any type of assistance for this expensive repairs!! please help!!

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 012011

1- we bought our used 2010 Buick Enclave in June 2010 with ~24000 mi. (bought from a dealer; car had been owned by a rental car place.) after only a couple months the # of times the steering tightened began to increase. It is especially difficult going into/out of parking/tight spaces. You have to use a lot of muscle to turn the car. I told the dealer about it during a routine service call, but...of course...they found nothing wrong (at the time it was infreq.) I contacted the dealer after having the car 1yr. They said there were no recalls and that I put too many miles on my car for them to hold it under warranty; I could bring it in for a $70 diagnostic fee. The $70 would not be applied to any service. I was given a guess-ti-mate of $1200-1500 if I had parts replaced...I decided to wait. The steering issue comes and goes but now happens almost every time I'm in a tight turn. I can't believe GM still has not been made to recall this issue. 2 - my car does the roll-back on all inclines too. I agree with other car owners - this should not happen in an automatic. Please make GM accountable for these issues.

- Freeland, MD, USA

Sep 162011

Enclave 6-cyl

Went to turn left from a slow coast off of a two lane road into a parking lot with traffic coming from opposite direction. The steering got really tight and I needed maximum force from my arms to turn the wheel to get the car out of the way of an oncoming vehicle that had to quickly apply brakes to avoid hitting me. I had just got two new tires when the event occurred and spent the next 10 months with two more tires thinking the tire store had messed up the steering. They looked it over twice and couldn't find any issues. The steering became so the tightness was felt mostly getting into parking spaces at slow speeds. Then, I almost hit a parked car the first week of June when turning left again from not being able to turn the wheel, so I took it to the dealer where they diagnosed a failed steering pump and a leak in the steering rack. GMC paid for the parts and I paid $700 for the labor.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Jun 132012

Enclave 6-cyl

I narrowly avoided 2 accidents recently when I was unable to turn my vehicle into driveways with vehicles coming in the opposite direction. The steering wheel would not turn. The service manager at the Buick dealership said that it was a power steering failure.

- Bulverde, TX, USA

Sep 252011

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that each time the steering wheel was turned to it exhibited an abnormally loud rubbing noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for the defect. The dealer advised that they were aware of the defect, but did not have a solution in correcting the failure at that time. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 25,000.

- Wilsonville, AL, USA

Jan 072010

Enclave 6-cyl

I lost my steering with only 400 miles the first time.the power steering pump was replaced. The second time the mileage was 6404 the rack was replaced. The first incident was in Florida the second was in New York.

- Punta Gorda , FL, USA

Apr 042011

Enclave 6-cyl

My 2010 Buick Enclave has now had the steering rack fail twice in it's first year. The steering pump has now failed. This starts off as a rub and then soon after begins to have grinding in the steering wheel. I have not let it progress and had it repaired immediately each time. The dealer told me the parts were redesigned yet less than 6 months after installing the new parts, it failed again. I was told by the mechanic that there was insufficient oil in the part and the redesign was to add more oil. Clearly that has not worked. I was told if not promptly repaired, it would lead to loss of steering. I have already filed for repurchase of the vehicle under the lemon law in my state. The dealer also made statements about this being a known issue and that they are trying to get vehicles repaired as they come in and are trying to figure out why it's failing. Additionally I visited the Buick Enclave forums and some other sites and have indeed found this to be a common problem. I don't have a working knowledge of auto mechanics but I'm very concerned about the possible loss of steering control and the inability of the dealer to fix my problem.

- Sammamish, WA, USA