CarComplaints.com Notes: The Chevy Astro is mechanically identical to the GMC Safari.

7.0

$2,000.00

1. new transmission (1 reports)
1997 Chevrolet Astro Van transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Astro Van:

1997 Chevrolet Astro Van Owner Comments

May 142007

Astro Van

I have such an awful time i can't even go from one side of town to another without a problem and i feel if this is a known problem by the distributor after you have followed the better than guidelines for service . And the insurance want cover it Chevy should get involved and offer a solution . Because we the customers trust when we pay $25 to $40,000 for a vehicle it should be dependable and safe i really didn't know what the problem was all i know was i was told my extended warranty nor Chevy would not cover the cost of the repair. My first vehicle was a 1983 Chevy Z28 Camaro and i loved my car my second vehicle was a 1996 CHEVY LEMON. thought i was past that 1997 Chevy Astro van . I REALLY THINK I'VE BEEN DEDICATED LONG ENOUGH . I DON'T WANT MY CHILDREN BEING UNSAFE BE LEANING TOWARD BUYING A CHEVY WHEN AFTER 21 YEARS OF DEDICATION TO THE CHEVY NAME THERE'S TOO MUCH COMPETITION OUT THERE FOR ME TO STAY LOYAL.

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

Nov 042003

Astro Van LS

pulls hard in shift for second and third, needed a new transmission. It is definetly unbelievable how a car at 60,000 miles already needs a new transmission and it has been well taken care of. The worst of all they don't want to cover it under warranty. The van I can't drive for over 30 minues or so before it starts doing that.

- , CYPRESS, CA, USA