2003 Chevrolet Astro Van
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Chevy Astro Van has a solid reputation with very low complaint rates. The only problem now is finding one with low miles.
Not only is the 2003 Astro Van reliable, but since they were built on a truck powertrain, they can tow 5,500/5,000 lbs (RWD/AWD) -- almost double what other minivans can.
Worst 2003 Astro Van Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- AC / heater problems1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 29
- steering problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Astro Van Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Astro Van compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Astro Van overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Astro Van.