- May 13: General Motors Recalls 523,000 Vehicles To Fix Seat Belts and Seats
- May 10: Duramax Diesel Engine Lawsuit Says Engines Cause Loss of Fuel Economy
- May 4: Chevrolet Malibu Recalled to Fix Shift Selector Problems
- April 24: GM Recalls Older Cars To Fix Fire Risk From Leaking Gaskets
- April 11: Steering Wheels Stick in the Chevy Cruze, Malibu and Buick Verano
2001 Chevrolet Astro Van
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Chevy Astro Van has a solid reputation with very low complaint rates. The only problem now is finding one with low miles.
Not only is the 2001 Astro Van reliable, but since they were built on a truck powertrain, they can tow 5,500/5,000 lbs (RWD/AWD) -- almost double what other minivans can.
Worst 2001 Astro Van Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 30
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 24
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 6
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Astro Van Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Astro Van compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Astro Van overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Astro Van.