- June 27: GM Recalls Chevrolet SS Cars Over Loss of Power Steering recalls | 1 days ago
- June 21: Chevrolet HHR Owner Says Ignition Switch Caused Crash news | 7 days ago
- June 18: GM Self-Driving Cars Ready For Action news | 10 days ago
- June 13: Chevy Corvette Z06 Lawsuit Says Cars Enter 'Limp Mode' news | 15 days ago
- May 31: General Motors Still Battling Ignition Switch Lawsuits news | 28 days ago
2001 Chevrolet Astro Van
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Chevy Astro Van has a solid reputation with very low complaint rates. The only problem now is finding one with low miles.
Not only is the 2001 Astro Van reliable, but since they were built on a truck powertrain, they can tow 5,500/5,000 lbs (RWD/AWD) -- almost double what other minivans can.
The Chevy Astro is mechanically identical to the GMC Safari.
Worst 2001 Astro Van Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 37
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- interior accessories problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 24
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 6
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Astro Van Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Astro Van compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Astro Van overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Astro Van.