- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 19 days ago
- June 3: GM Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles the Automaker Says Are Safe recalls | 23 days ago
- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 35 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 38 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 41 days ago
2001 Chevrolet Astro Van
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Chevy Astro Van has a solid reputation with very low complaint rates. The only problem now is finding one with low miles.
Not only is the 2001 Astro Van reliable, but since they were built on a truck powertrain, they can tow 5,500/5,000 lbs (RWD/AWD) -- almost double what other minivans can.
The Chevy Astro is mechanically identical to the GMC Safari.
Worst 2001 Astro Van Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 37
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- interior accessories problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 24
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 7
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Astro Van Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Astro Van compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Astro Van overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Astro Van.