Print this page Notes: The Chevy Astro is mechanically identical to the GMC Safari.

1998 Chevrolet Astro Van accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Astro Van:

1998 Chevrolet Astro Van Owner Comments

Dec 011998

Astro Van

While having headlights on, radio knobs got hot to the point where consumer burned his finger. But, this only happened when headlights were on. Has not contacted dealer.

- Sun Dusky, OH, USA

Jul 102000

Astro Van

The vehicle's tv/vcr is defective.

- North Merr, NY, USA

Jul 301998

Astro Van

Roblems that I have listed are only the icing on the cake. I have several other problems and such as : oil coller inlet, rear main seal, extention housing front end alignment wanders, problems with keyless remote and factory alarm.roof rack was improperly installed, cigarettte lighter falls out, glove box light switch defective, raido speakers not propertly installled. When tensioner failed, there was a loud noise from the front end, so I decided to get off the busy road to find out where the noise came from. My steering also went out;I had my children with me on a busy road speed limit 45.I went to make a left had turn and had extreme difficulty in turning my wheel. I had to unbuckle my seatbelt; to pull on the steering wheel with all my body weight, and still couldn't make the turn, I had to back up and try to turn again.I continue to have frontend, window, fuel injection, doors not wanting to lock and unlock properly and I still continue to have these problems. I feel that this Chevrolet, Astro is a very unsafe vehicle to be driving. Any info you can give me on this vehicle would be greatly appericated. Thank you laurie hoekzema.

- Modesto, CA, USA