CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Chevy Astro Van has a solid reputation with very low complaint rates. The only problem now is finding one with low miles.

Not only is the 2003 Astro Van reliable, but since they were built on a truck powertrain, they can tow 5,500/5,000 lbs (RWD/AWD) -- almost double what other minivans can.

The Chevy Astro is mechanically identical to the GMC Safari.

8.0

1. recall this part! (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Astro Van accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Astro Van:

2003 Chevrolet Astro Van Owner Comments

May 072004

Astro Van

I BROUGHT MY FIRST CHEVY ASTRO IN 88 IT WAS USED IN GOOD SHAPE FOR AN 85 BUT IT GAVE ME ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS. I THOUGHT TO MYSELF OK THIS IS JUST A LEMON AND DUMPED IT AND BROUGHT A 97 ASTRO IN 2000 AGAIN NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS THE REAR DOOR HANDLE SNAPPED ON BOTH VANS SEVERAL TIMES WHY THE HELL IS THIS PART NOT RECALLED??????

THE DEALER TOLD ME IT HAPPENS OFTEN

I THOUGHT AGAIN THAT MAYBE I BOUGHT BAD VANS SO IN 03 I BROUGHT A NEW ONE GUESS WHAT SAME FU-- PROBLEMS I HAVE REPLACED THE REAR HANDLE 6 TIMES UNREAL I CALL GM AND GOT GRAY HAIR THEY WANTED TO GIVE ME A 1000 DOLLARS TO MY NEXT GM CAR PURCHASE FU-- THEM

I WILL NEVER BUY A GM CAR AGAIN THE REAR END IS NOW GONE AND I HAVE SERVICE RECORDS FROM THE DEALER THAT I SPENT 40,000 IN REPAIRS SINCE I BOUGHT THE VAN I LOVE THE SHAPE OF MY VAN ITS THE RIGHT SIZE FOR MY WORK IF THY WOULD HAVE MADE IT BETTER WE ARE THE WORKING CLASS THAT BUYS THESE VANS AND GM IS HURTING THE WORKING MAN AND THAT WHAT RUNS AMERICA GM IS NOT APPLE PIE TO ME THE GOV. SHOULD HAVE LET THEM FALL

THANKS JOE