2002 Chevrolet Avalanche steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Jun 172015

Avalanche V8

click to see larger images

intermittent loss of power steering intermittent loss of power steering

I was driving and noticed something wasn't right in the front end and then I lost control of the steering, as in all play when I tried turning to the left to pull out of crashing but with no luck. the truck crashed into trees then rolled to the right just to have it roll on some more trees that sling shot it over to the left and then it slid in the road there was no bodily harm because I was by myself but my truck is in total disarray(shambles).

- , Goodspring, TN, USA

Apr 012010

Avalanche 5.3

Every once in a while when I am turning the steering wheel will act as if I do not have power steering? The wheel is very hard to turn.

What could be the problem?

- , Corpus Christi, TX, USA