- June 21: Chevrolet HHR Owner Says Ignition Switch Caused Crash news | 5 days ago
- June 18: GM Self-Driving Cars Ready For Action news | 8 days ago
- June 13: Chevy Corvette Z06 Lawsuit Says Cars Enter 'Limp Mode' news | 13 days ago
- May 31: General Motors Still Battling Ignition Switch Lawsuits news | 26 days ago
- May 25: GM Duramax Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 32 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
Worst 2004 Cavalier steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- handles poorly , no traction in rain conditions1
- noise from steering while in reverse1
- stablizer pin fell out1
- NHTSA: Steering9
- NHTSA: Steering: Column1
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Hose, Piping, ...1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.