2005 Chevrolet Colorado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Colorado:

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Mar 152015

In February 2015 my check engine light came on. After several repairs with my local mechanic he was unable to find the problem. I went to greenwood Chevrolet in hubbard, oh, and they reset my computer. However, before I got out of the auto lot, the check engine light reappeared. I returned to the service department and they then diagnosed a bad cylinder head and valves. The service manager reported this has been a problem with this particular engine and my online research revealed that Chevrolet recognized this problem and extended the warranty coverage to 7 years and 100,000 miles. My vehicle only had 87335 miles, but had been in service for 9 years, 7 months. I felt Chevrolet should have covered my repairs under the 100,000 miles extension even though I was over the 7 years. My reasoning is that Chevrolet was aware of this problem with this particular engine as evidenced by Chevrolet's service bulletin #07123A. I contacted the president and CEO of General Motors and provided them with all my service records to offer proof of maintenance during my ownership. I heard nothing from them. I am filing this complaint because I felt GM should have covered the repairs because of the mileage of my vehicle and the care I had done to it. It cost me over $2000 to have this vehicle repaired.

- Hubbard, OH, USA

May 052014

There are several forum online each pretty much expressing the same problem. At the 100,000 mile mark the check engine light comes one indicating the #2 coil is bad. This doesn't seem to be the problem nor is it in the injectors. It seems with the online forums that are out there indicates there was a problem with the head on the 2005 Colorado but Chevrolet or GM is not investigating or talking about it.

- Granite Falls, NC, USA

Sep 122012

Colorado 4-cyl

When I slow down my vehicle begins to spudder and sometimes turns off. At first I thought it might be the fuel filter which was changed but problem persists. The vehicle has shut down on the highway when I slowed down for traffic. I place it in neutral while still in motion and turn it on again then immediately put the vehicle in drive to avoid getting hit. I first thought it was just my vehicle until I came on her today and found other people with similar problems.

- League City, TX, USA

Mar 142013

Colorado 4-cyl

The cam actuator first failed at 57,000 miles in 2009. It now has failed again at 94,000 miles in March 2013, the cost to repair this is approx $900 each time. I can get milage from my tires at a lower cost. This is an item that should not a normal maintenance item. This truck has been a lemon from day one.

- Onondaga, MI, USA