- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2004 Chevrolet Colorado
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year for Chevrolet's replacement for the S-10.
Worst 2004 Colorado Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems23NHTSA complaints: 56
- AC / heater problems18NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 17
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 29
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 45
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- lights problemsNHTSA: 37
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 25
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Colorado Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Colorado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Colorado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Colorado.