- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
2012 Chevrolet Colorado
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Colorado, and it's GMC counterpart the Canyon, suffers from a severe lack of acceleration. Nothing says "serious truck owner" like having a kid on a tricycle pass you while going uphill. Couple that with poor side crash test ratings from the IIHS and you've got a vehicle worth passing on.
Worst 2012 Colorado Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems1
- interior accessories problems1
- cooling system problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Colorado Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Colorado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Colorado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Colorado.