2.7

2006 Chevrolet Colorado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Colorado:

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Oct 112012

Colorado

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado. While driving 25 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact coasted over to the side of the road and was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the ignition switch was replaced. In addition, the passenger seat belt warning light would remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. Manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Apr 232016

Colorado

My brake lights all went out at the same time. I was driving on the interstate and had to stop suddenly. The tractor trailer behind me nearly rear ended me. The cruise control also went out. I had this issue repaired under recall number 06030 five years ago. It is identically the same, yet Chevrolet says they will not repair it due to mileage and vehicle age. This is extremely dangerous.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 032016

Colorado

Power windows loss power, including driver and passenger windows. Wiring problem exists. Ken dixon, the dealer in waldorf, md repaired problem on January 21, 2013 at a cost of $300 under so # 243247. But the same problem reoccurred in early Feb 2016 and the dealer refused to repair the problem without costs to the customer. The vehicle was stationary. The problem mirrors recall of the same make and model under NHTSA's campaign #14V404.

- Pomfret, MD, USA

Oct 212014

Colorado

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado. The contact stated that while driving at 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. In addition, the steering wheel seized. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage 137,000.

- Kaplan, LA, USA

Oct 052010

Colorado

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start until after waiting ten minutes. The failure was related to the faulty pass lock cylinder. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Conway, SC, USA

Jun 172014

Colorado 4-cyl

The ignition system fail and don't let the car start even we the original key and don't let start the auto for 10 minutes and so on and this is happening to every Colorado owner that I now.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Dec 222014

Colorado 4-cyl

Hazard light stuck on, prevent use of signal light. When disabled signal light not operable.

- Hillsboro , OR, USA

Dec 042013

Colorado

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado. The contact stated that when the ignition switch was turned into the on position, the vehicle would make an igniting noise but would not start. The failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 47,000.

- Palmbelt, CA, USA

Dec 142014

Colorado 4WD 5-cyl

Some times the truck will not start for ten min. I have had the truck 3 times stop running and had to coast off the road. It restarted after sitting without repair.

- Barberton, OH, USA

Oct 162013

Colorado

Have experienced problems with my truck's pass lock/anti-theft switch. The truck will not start and it takes ten minutes before the truck restarts. I had only about 22,000 miles on the truck when the problem first occurred. This issue continues to be a problem. The truck on has 26,000 miles. This problem could easily become a safety issue if truck shuts off in traffic. There should be a recall. Does someone have to die before a recall to happen?

- Jackson, TN, USA

Feb 132013

Colorado 5-cyl

I am going to get gas and go in side to pay and it wont start cranks no advise I had the same 5 times before the midway Chevrolet fix it a bad ignition switch part #63779 O a bill for the parts $416.74 the theft system would work and it would stop working it is a switch for the gas I think I need to be pay back.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Nov 132014

Colorado

Driving on us 441 engine shut off and the pass lock light came on. Had to steer off of road with no power. Restarted after stopped and happened again coming back up mountain but no where to pull off road nearly hit by another car. Dealer says this is a security system tied to the ignition switch and fuel when the car is started but shouldn't shut off fuel while driving. Admitted this is a common problem they experience though. If the pass lock system fails to work as designed and shuts off the fuel supply to the engine while driving it's very dangerous. Should be a recall to replace the security system with a system that works as designed.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Feb 032014

Colorado

Truck will just shut off and not crank. Passlock module will not let it crank. Around every 100 cranks it will shut engine off and not let it crank. I have done research and numerous people have had this problem with these truck and Chevrolet company will not do anything about this. This is dangerous it has even shut off while driving vehicle. Can you please make them fix this on these trucks.

- Petal, MS, USA

Aug 062014

Colorado 5-cyl

The vehicle will not start. The engine turns over however the vehicle will not start. After fifteen to twenty minutes the vehicle starts. Today my 17 year old daughter is at a friends house some distance away and the vehicle will not start. I have taken the vehicle to my mechanic and have discovered that this is a known issue with this vehicle. I am surprised that there has not been a recall for the ignition switch by Chevrolet. I would like to know what if any options I have other than to take my vehicle back to a Chevrolet dealer and have them install and re-program the computer system to the new ignition system which by the way per all of the similar complaints I have recently found on the internet is definitely defective. I am also wondering if this is the Prelude to the current ignition problem the G.M refused to recognize after numerous complaints that unfortunately ended in causing numerous accidents and truly unfortunate deaths which all were uncalled for. I have researched my vehicle on the internet and have found no recall other than that of a child car seat issue which does not apply to my vehicle as I have two fold down seats in the xtra cab.

- Redwood City, CA, USA

Sep 102012

Colorado

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who replaced the ignition switch on four different occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Tollesboro, KY, USA

Mar 032014

Colorado 5-cyl

The A/C blower motor stop running on speed selections 1,2 and 3. after a few seconds it starts running. On speed selection4 it runs ok. I was told the rheostat is faulty.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jan 152013

Colorado 5-cyl

The passlock system has become more of an issue with this vehicle. The vehicle will not start almost two to three times a week. Not only does this come at the most un-opportune time after 10 minutes or more to wait for the system to reset. After reading this post, I see that I am not the only one with this problem. I have had to wait up to 30 minutes sometimes to get the truck started again. His has become more of a problem.so far there has not been a dangerous situation where this problem has happened. But it gets to a point that your afraid to turn the engine off, for fear of being stranded somewhere. The truck had been to the dealer many times for this problem they were unable to fine out what was wrong.they replaced the ignition switch, inside the steering column and the problem stopped. The fuel pump on the vehicle failed and the vehicle was leaking gas and that had to be replaced and the vent valve on the gas tank just failed and had to be replaced (76,000 miles). Thank you for your consideration.

- Mechanicsburg, OH, USA

Jun 212012

Colorado

The passlock system has become more of an issue with this vehicle. The vehicle will not start almost two to three times a week. Not only does this come at the most un-opportune time but now happens more often when I have less than a half tank of gas. When I put gas in, this does not happen as much. After 10 minutes or more to wait for the system to reset. Sometimes the lock light stays on after I start the car. My mechanic has had the truck in 4 times and has not been able to find what is wrong. After reading this post, I see that I am not the only one with this problem. I have had to wait up to 30 minutes sometimes to get the truck started again. His has become more of a problem. I have not have any other major problems and have over 90,000 miles. So far there has not been a dangerous situation where this problem has happened. But it gets to a point that your afraid to turn the engine off. Thank you for your time. Updated 1/23/2015

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Apr 162014

Colorado 4-cyl

Once started once in awhile is happening more ofter I park my car at work supermarket etc and the car will not start I believe its the theft protection the lock light goes on and I need to wait 10 to 15 mins before the car will start again just tonight I was going home from work stop to get gas and had to wait again before the car started and just a few days ago last sun I had the same problem at the store and I hope it starts before the food goes bad been lucky it least 10 min and the most up to 20 min I got a recall letter and wonder if that was the problem thanks for ur time.

- Hallandale Beach, FL, USA

Apr 122006

Colorado 5-cyl

Vehicle purchased new on 05/2006. Less than a month after purchase the vehicle would not start due to passlock system believing the car was in the process of becoming stolen. Owner would unlock vehicle with key fob and place key in ignition to start, but red lock icon on dashboard would blink and engine would not turn over. Original key and original key fob used at all times of occurrence. Owner would have to wait ten minutes and try again if vehicle would not start for passlock system to disengage. While under warranty, customer brought vehicle into GM dealer multiple times and the problem could not be verified. This left customer stranded in multiple locations at times and in situations that could have left owner in a dangerous situation based on area. At one point, customer could not start vehicle after a half hour, he than called GM and had the vehicle towed under warranty, the GM dealership stated problem was fixed or corrected. Now, no longer under warranty vehicle has same issue occurring intermittently. Cost to replace passlock sensor is too costly for owner to afford. Other vehicle maintenance is properly done according to owner's manual by local mechanic. Owner has uploaded video of issue experiencing; please visit youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=mfdjho_hiy4&feature=youtu.be.

- Biloxi, MS, USA