8.9

$1,100.00

2. change the clogged screen in the camshaft actuator solenoid (2 reports)
  3. Chevrolet replaced cyl head per tsb #07123a (1 reports)
  4. replace head, valve seat (1 reports)
2006 Chevrolet Colorado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Colorado:

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Aug 282009

Colorado 4 cyl

The engine started missing. It was out of warranty so I took it to a shop and they checked plugs, coil, and other things they thought might cause it to miss. Cost me $200. They said might be covered under warranty and to take to a Chevy dealer. Took to Bankston Chevrolet in Fort Worth, TX (now AutoNation). They did over $600 worth of work on it and then said head was bad because of bad valve seat. Wanted another $2200 to repair. Did not get repaired. Called Chevrolet customer service and told them everything done to truck. Tried to get them to help with repair. They came back and said no. In the meantime, I've been on various websites and have found that it is a common know problem. GM needs to do something about this.

needs new head. has bad valve seat

- , Haslet, Texas, USA

Oct 012010

Colorado

The truck was bought brand new and issues started at 10,000 miles. The check engine light came on and after running the codes, the problem is the Cam Shaft and engine air intake. When taken to the dealership while still under warranty, the mechanics acted as if there was no problem. The vehicle is now out of warranty and the truck is now having major problems. A call was made to GM and nothing was done to assist in solving the issue. The truck is horrible and I would not advise anyone to purchase one. Clearly there is an issue with the truck and GM should have had recalls on the 2006 Colorado. This questions their ability to stand behind thier word about having great quality vehicles. I think this is my last GM vehicle and I would advise everyone to do major research before purchasing from Chevy. GM's customer service is horrible.

- , Warner Robins, GA, USA

Jan 102007

Colorado LS

this is a pain. rough starts rough idle. i took it to the dealer to fix all the RECALLS and they could not fix the engine problem grannteey me that it would not cost me any thing. im really getting sick of this truck. and im a big fan of GM. the truck has 65000 on it now and there is so many nousie beside the engine problem acouple mounths ago i had a heat sheild come off. one good sheild.

- , Baldwinsville, NY, USA

Jul 032009

Colorado LT1 3.5L

Engine lite came on after oil chg at dealer, Service Adviser ckd it and reset, sent me on my way, lite came on again, code showed # 5 cyl misfire, tsb # 07123A identified problem as intake valve seat problem and extended the warranty to 100,000 miles for this problem. Dealer replaced cylinder head at no cost to me under this Chevy extended warranty. Engine runs like new. Happy camper now with Chevy admitting to and repairing the problem at their cost, but losing faith in GM.

- , Chandler, AZ, USA

Sep 232007

Colorado 4

My 2006 Colorado has been in the shop now 4 times for engine miss. Sometimes not noticeable, other times can shake truck. Dealer is trying but I think they just don't know. First time they said water in the fuel and it was misfiring on all cylinders. Went to lunch, came back and they said no water in the fuel but they reconfigured the computer. Didn't fix it. Second time they said GM problem, GM was working on it, possible crankshaft sensor and to come back in two weeks. Meanwhile the vehicle went dead during a moving turn in an intersection. Restarted OK. Went back to dealer and they replaced fuel pump, plugs and again said water in the fuel. I have never been back to those fuel stations although wife uses them with no problems. Thursday 9/20/07 coming home from work at 70MPH on the interstate the engine just quit and the word "FAULT" showed up in the dash display. Got it to the side of the road and it restarted easily and ran smooth as silk the rest of the way home. I checked with dealer Saturday and they said they'd replaced a "brain" module what ever that is. Truck has 32,000 Miles on it and has been acting up since about 24,000. Hope they get it this time. Truck dying in intersections and at 70MPH is dangerous plus my warranty is about to run out.

Roger Dowdy

Cottontown, Tn.

- , White House, TN, USA

Apr 272007

Colorado 1LS 2.9L I-4

The steering wheel is extremely annoying, all you can hear is it squeak as you turn the wheel. The ride itself is not bad, but that truck needs some sway bars BADLY!! It couldn't take a turn any faster than 5mi an hour without the truck feeling like it's loosing control. The breaks are great, however they really mess with the seat belt. If you are trying to lean foward to see AFTER you come to a stop, it WILL NOT let you go foward. I have had to undo and redo my seatbelt to be able to lean foward and look. The blindspots from the "door/windshield panel" (i don't know what that is called) are really bad! Also the sideview mirrors are too large, and the rearview mirror makes it look like you are eating whatever is behind you. The latest and greatest problem was when the truck started to run with a really rough idle, stalling out in drive, misfiring when I would try to start it, the rpms were jumping all over the place and the timing was starting to suffer,. It threw out codes of p0014 and p0017 for cam shaft/crankshaft pos. correlation sensors. The actual problem was a clogged screen in the cam actuator selenoid which was expensive to fix. I also got the p0300, after the many misfires. Overall I would rate that truck a 4. And i bought it brand new. I would not suggest anyone get this truck unless they really want a little sissy car.

- , East Bridgewater, MA, USA

Jan 312007

Colorado LS V4

It skips all the time & Chevrolet says this is normal.

- , Pickens, SC, USA