CarComplaints.com Notes: The Chevy Colorado is mechanically identical to the GMC Canyon.

9.1

2009 Chevrolet Colorado drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Colorado:

2009 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Oct 242009

Colorado

On Saturday Oct 24 2009 I was driving my 2009 Chevrolet Colorado with 1863 miles on it on the highway in Chicago all of a sudden my wife and I felt a shudder in the truck I thought it was the wind about a mile further we felt a explosion under the truck sparks and smoke coming from under the truck I thought it was a blown tire it wasn't found out that what happened was the front end of the differential had blown out taking the drive shaft and part of the muffler system with it we were lucky to make it to the side of the road I had it towed to the dealer where it is right now they tell me they are replacing with all new parts they do not know how this happened this was a brand new truck two months old with one thousand eight hundred miles on it.

- Chicago Ridge, IL, USA