CarComplaints.com Notes: The Chevy Colorado is mechanically identical to the GMC Canyon.

1.9

2009 Chevrolet Colorado fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Colorado:

2009 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Oct 082015

Colorado

The truck is still experiencing "no-starts". I have been in correspondence with GM to try to resolve the issue for quite some time, now. I purchased my truck from van Chevrolet in carrollton, Texas on July 27, 2009. I was not aware of a recall on the fuel system control module( recall #08411 beginning May 18, 2009), nor was I informed of it by the dealership. Smart Chevrolet of white hall (formerly of pine bluff) claimed to have repaired it in 2011, however I have had even more issues since then. Smart claimed to have replaced a brake lamp switch, a clutch safety switch, repaired a broken wire in the left door jam area, replaced a battery (my cost), without my permission to do so, reset sensors which they refused to explain the type of sensors they reset (my cost), reset oil life sensor, (no record of oil change) and I have had to replace the right side headlamp twice myself. Smart blamed the "no-starts" on my locking gas cap and the floor mats, and on my last visit to their dealership, refused to witness (for GM) the" no-start" in their parking lot. Two other dealerships have taken a look at the truck and I paid for repairs of a seat belt pretensioner ( cause of airbag light), and have been refused an invoice and to be charged to show the repair of the broken wire in the same door jam (smart supposed to have repaired). This dealership admitted witnessing the "no-start" then changed their story after speaking with GM. The last dealership, after talking to GM, tried to also say that the "no-start" was due to the floor mat. I experienced "no-starts" before I had the locking- gas cap(made specifically for the 2009 Colorado truck) or my truck floor mats. GM offered a subscription to on-star and a $2,000 loyalty voucher towards the purchase of a new Chevy vehicle in their words "to satisfy me" (joke, right !) the key is turned in the ignition, the car does not crank.

- White Hall, AR, USA

Jul 122015

Colorado

I went to pull my truck out of the garage and it would not start. A mechanic came to my house to look at it and stated that it is not getting fuel. Upon digging into the repairs the fuel module had water in it. The mechanic went to O'reillys for the part and was advised of a recall # 08411. I reported my problems to jim butler cheverolet and sepaugh both whom refused to acknowledge this recall. I also called GM about this recall and got no where. I was not able to get to work for 1 day and then rides for the rest of the week to work. This is causing an inconveince to me and my coworkers, as well as put of pockets cost for this repair.

- Hillsboro, MO, USA

Apr 022015

Colorado

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Colorado. The contact stated that the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The dealer diagnosed that the fuel pump control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 09V154000 (fuel system). The failure mileage was 41,000.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Jan 012013

Colorado

The 2009 model Chevrolet Colorado will not start when I turn the key in the ignition switch. The incident date and mileage may not be correct, however when I first began experiencing this problem, I would always call on-star and they would run a diagnostic check while the car wasn't operating properly. The diagnostic would always come back " normal". I learned that if I waited 5-9 minutes, the vehicle would start as if nothing were wrong. The " no-start " has become more frequent. I have been in contact with GM recently concerning the "no start" problem and an "air bag" sensor light that has recurred after the first dealership "supposedly repaired" and charged almost $300 ( the billing statement read " reset sensors" and the dealership refused to elaborate on the type of sensors that were "reset" ). GM made arrangements for a second dealership to look at the "air bag" issue, but refused to address the "no-start" issue. The driver's side seat- belt pretensioner was replaced for $303. The repairman related the pretensioner to the "air bag" sensor light. I inquired about reimbursement for repairs and recalls on the 2009 Colorado and was rudely informed that reimbursements would be" denied". after giving two scenarios of me being in an injury and fatal accident related to the "no-start" issue, I was told by the GM representative that "we will deal with it, then!". I asked if there had been any recalls for ignition switches on GM products and was told "yes, but there was no open recall on my particular vehicle". I researched recalls on the 2009 Chevrolet Colorado and discovered a fuel system control module recall dated May 6, 2009 before I purchased my vehicle in July 2009 (NHTSA campaign # 09V-154), and the product safety recall bulletin no. 08411 includes VIN numbers 98104802 through 98123134. My VIN number, is included in this range. Please help !

- White Hall, AR, USA