CarComplaints.com Notes: The Chevy Colorado is mechanically identical to the GMC Canyon.

2.7

2011 Chevrolet Colorado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Colorado:

2011 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Nov 122014

Colorado 5-cyl

15% of the time my 2011 Chevy Colorado will not turn over. It is completely sporadic. Sometimes it won't start first thing in the morning, making me late to work. Sometimes, I get all the way to my destination, or to a gas station and when I turn the truck off and turn it back on it won't turn over. Everything else seems to be working fine, my radio, my air conditioning, all my lights function just as they should but my motor will not turn over. There are no clicking noises, or other starting noises when I try to turn the key. I have sat and tried to start the car 5-100 times, nothing. I thought maybe is was user error, nope. Nothing I have done will start my truck. After waiting 20 minutes to an hour if I try to start it, it starts right up like there were no previous issues. I work in one of the most dangerous cities in America. My biggest fear is having an unreliable vehicle. I have brought it to the dealership 9 different times. I have had the truck for 6 months, and it has been at the dealership for 7 weeks non-consecutively. When I bring my truck to the dealership they tell me that they can not "recreate the problem" which makes me believe they do not care to recreate it because they have had it for almost 2 months, then the second I get it back it is still not starting 100% of the time. I have looked online and I have come across many stories similar to mine. They also all say that this should be a recall. I have gotten the better business bureau involved in my case, and I am dreading contacting an attorney just because I love GM. I will never buy a vehicle that is not GM. I just need a reliable truck.

- San Ramon, CA, USA