2014 Chevrolet Cruze drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze:

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 052014

Cruze 4-cyl

I heard that there is another recall on my vehicle transmission cable can disconnect from the shift lever and the vehicle can roll away. My car pulls every time I slow down or start to put speed on car that's where is starts pulling and won't go. The other recall is the engine block heater power cord insulation. I have had two recalls done on this car already very disappointed. Don't know if my car has recalls on the first two recalls I have mentioned. I thought cars were not to be sold to customers if car had recalls. I get nervous and feel very unsafe in this car!! I have not gotten recalls letters yet! please let me know if these recalls affects my car.

- Midland, TX, USA

Jan 082014

Cruze 4-cyl

Safety issue, so scary I am afraid of driving it now: The gas pedal has a delay in it and scared me to death several times, trying to come out of a stop light on a busy intersection as the car had a 2-3 second delay in responding to the gas pedal, and then whooshed out on top of incoming traffic!!! on the highway it happened several times that changing lanes becomes an issue as this delay in responding and sudden acceleration almost got me into an accident last week. I have bought all the warranties, extended warranties, and taken excellent care of the car. I have had it only since December 10, 2013. When I leased it, I was told it had cruise control. It hadn't so they had to install it for free. The car does not come with cruise control "????!!!! when I took it to the dealership for maintenance and review of the issue, the mechanic found the same behavior and deemed it as "normal" [??"!!!] I traced my Toyota corolla 2010, and it had cruise control! I spoke with the dealership and they tried to sell me another car for more money down and higher monthly payments, when I refused and threatened with writing to GM and the attorney general, they said they would do anything in their hands and speak with the regional rep from GM. I am waiting for their response. Sincerely, now that I know this, I want my money back then I started investigating and found a lot of complaints of the same nature. The Cruze should be all recalled and moneys refunded. I am afraid of driving that car and I want a refund. I would rather lease from another company. If I only knew the total lack of respect for human life that the GM executives had I would have never leased a Chevy. I did not know until a week ago that GM was recalling thousands or poorly made cars!

- Winter Springs, FL, USA

Mar 172014

Cruze 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle jerked intermittently when shifting gears. The contact also mentioned that when driving at high speeds, there would be a reduction in engine power and the vehicle violently jerked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was unable to be duplicated. The manufacturer was made aware of failure. The failure mileage was 411 and the current mileage was 2,300. Updated 09/11/14 the consumer stated the brakes would grab and pull to the right or left. Updated 1/13/2015

- Kidron, OH, USA

Jun 022014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers:14V372000 (air bags) and 14V151000 (power train), and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer did not give a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would be repaired. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Point Pleasant , NJ, USA

Apr 022014

Cruze 4-cyl

This vehicle is subject to a recall. In March I filed a claim with GM customer care, in early April the vehicle was examined by the dealer and it was determined that the vehicle does have a defective front axle. I was told the parts are on order but the dealers have no idea when they will receive them. According to my dealer, christensen Chevy of highland Indiana, they have over 300 axles on order. Today I checked with GM customer care and they stated the parts are being manufactured and they have no date information. In the meantime, we are driving a vehicle with a defective front axle which could break at any time. I was told it is not a problem since the car will slow to a stop. This would be very dangerous since I travel on the highway regularly. What can be done to expedite repair?

- Schererville, IN, USA

May 292014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated while driving approximately 30 mph, a loud knocking noise emitted inside of the vehicle. The vehicle independently pulled into the right direction. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer. The technician inspected the vehicle and informed that the failure was related to a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 13V452000 (power train). The contact was unable to have the vehicle serviced under the recall because the remedy part was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 302014

Cruze

My car is on the recall list for GM and jeff schmitt Chevy in fairborn Ohio has refused to provide me with a loner because GM will not pay for the loner. There is not any parts available to fix the recall. I am very unhappy with GM and jeff schmitt Chevy being so willing to put not only myself but my family in harms way because they do not want to pay for a loner when they are the companies who sold me my car!

- Springfield , OH, USA

Jan 162014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle swerved to the left independently and the contact lost control of the vehicle. As a result, the contact crashed into a fence. A police report was not filed. There were no injuries reported. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for a diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,000.

- Terrehauts, IN, USA

May 012014

Cruze 4-cyl Diesel

At the end of December 2013 I purchased a 2014 Chevy Cruze turbo diesel. Shortly after buying this vehicle I discovered there as a problem with the excessive torque and the braking system and hair trigger brake release. When releasing the brake this car would leap forward in an unsafe manner. This would happen when releasing the brake slightly. Releasing the brake a quarter of an inch or less was sufficient. I am not talking about my foot slipping off the brake pedal. The high RPM's and torque is not a good match with this particular automatic transmission. I am sure a standard transmission would be a better match. After my car jumped out into a major street and almost caused an accident I took my vehicle to my local dealership. The dealership examined my car and came up with the bellowing results: Brakes feel normal for vehicle. 4 wheel disc and has electric vacuum pump. No repairs required at this time. Idle normal for present time, ECM will rise idle at certain time like cold start compensate for battery draw of glow plugs?. by the way the above incident occurred when the car was normal operating temperature. As a result I immediately traded this vehicle (1500 miles were on the odometer) for a different brand. It would be nice if your engineers could look into this matter to avoid future incidents with other Chevy cruz owners. I am very concerned over the safety of this vehicle. Thanks

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Apr 112014

Cruze 4-cyl

I bought my Cruze at the end of Feb 2014, new. On April 11, 2014, I took it in for a routine maintenance task. I was told that they had to check for a defective right axle. I was told it was defective and given a loaner car. They still have my car and can not tell me when it might be fixed because there are no parts available! so, for all most 6 weeks, I am now making a car payment on a car that I can not drive! so is Chevrolet still making the Cruze and if so why don't they have axles to replace the defective ones!! I am tired of not getting an answer. I also never got a letter from Chevrolet that I had a defective car! what would have happened if I had never taken it in for maintenance?! I think the car should be replaced!

- Evansville, IN, USA

May 052014

Cruze 4-cyl

Purchased 2014 Chevy Cruze from mark newcomer at grey Chevrolet on 27 October 2013. Found out in November there was an active recall on the half shaft. (error number one: In accordance with the NHTSA the car shouldn't have been sold to us). Repair work done in November. In March a recall on the recall was announced. Grey did not call us, we called them. Car inspected 9 April 2014, we were informed we would in fact need the half shaft replaced again. They said our car was completely safe to drive and nothing would happen. (error number two: Per NHTSA we shouldn't have been allowed to leave the lot with the car, we should've been given a rental immediately). 5 May 2014, the half shaft broke as I was driving our son to school and sent us backwards down a hill. I fear for the safety of others purchasing cars from grey, as they do not appear to abide by NHTSA guidelines. The car has since been repaired, by another dealership. Meanwhile, I have 3 voicemails and an email from various grey employees openly saying the car shouldn't have been sold to us and we shouldn't have been allowed to leave the lot after the 2nd inspection, but basically "oh well." This cavalier attitude frightens me quite frankly. Also, upon looking at the initial work order for the half shaft repair that was done in November, it appears as though they dated it for the date of purchase, which would've been impossible because it was a Sunday and they had no service employees present.

- Poulsbo, WA, USA

Apr 242014

Cruze

My car (Chevy Cruze 2014 model) was recalled 6 weeks after I purchased it. It has been sitting on the dealership lot waiting on a replacement part, which is not available now and no time-frame for a replacement is known by GM or the dealership. And I am without my vehicle for 3 weeks. And I want my vehicle repaired, but no parts are available to do this...I'm paying for a car I cannot drive and if I do it is unsafe due to the defect. I am very very angry at GM for not having defect-free parts or knowing when I will get my car back.

- Greenbrier, AR, USA

Mar 052014

Cruze 4-cyl

I've had couple incidents in reverse where car just stalls luckily I've always been on a side street but im fearful that the trans will stall in a busy street soon and ill be hit as I live off a busy street in kokomo. I bought car new with 00 miles on it. Now the problem persist more and more now. I've come close to being hit twice now. It stays garage now due to fears so I waste money monthly.for a defective car...

- Kokomo, IN, USA

Mar 032014

Cruze 4-cyl

My vehicle recently became part of the GM recall below: Vehicles affected: About 174,046 model-year 2013-2014 Chevrolet Cruze sedans equipped with a turbo 1.4-liter engine and manufactured between Nov. 28, 2012, and March 7, 2014. The problem: The right front half shaft may fracture and separate while driving, potentially causing the vehicle to lose power and coast to a stop. If a vehicle with a fractured half shaft is parked without the parking brake applied, the car could move unexpectedly. Either condition increases the risk of a crash. Ever since I bought it I kept hearing strange noise under my car. Not just that the car also had some other issues with the electrical, the screen kept going black. I called the Agency and they kept my car for a week. They kept saying that they had trouble knowing what exactly was going on with my car. At the end they just say that it was due to an update. But, until now I still hear the noise as if something about to brake. After reading the recall I am concern for my safety. Please help.

- San Jose, CA, USA