2005 Chevrolet Equinox seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Equinox:

2005 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 222009

Equinox

It was raining, traffic ahead was coming to a stop as I was braking to a complete stop my 2005 Equinox Chevrolet was rear end by a Ford mustang, pushing me into the Honda Pilot in front of me. My airbag did not inflate nor deplore, but my vehicle sustained severe damage to the front & the Pilot I was pushed into sustained back damage as well. My vehicle was deemed total loss by the liable insurance company unitrin.

- League City, TX, USA

Feb 132008

Equinox 6-cyl

Numerous failures on this car. The A/C and transmission defective in the first 100 miles. The power window failed. Transm. Shifted on curves and would momentarily lose all control of car. Complained that had no wheel drive in wet or snow. Would jump sideways or skid.,now head-on into phone pole. Airbags did not deploy, seat belts did not lock. As a result, hit steering wheel and dashboard. Injuries.

- Ridgewood, NJ, USA

May 012005

Equinox 6-cyl

2005 Chevrolet Equinox rear ended another vehicle after being hit in the rear while stopped. The air bags did not deploy and the seat belts did not engage. The driver sustained some injuries when he was pushed forward into the steering wheel and dash.

- Bothell, WA, USA