- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 8 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 27 days ago
- July 24: GM Recalls Buick, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 32 days ago
- July 21: GM Recalls 308,000 Chevy Impalas in the U.S. and Canada recalls | 35 days ago
- July 18: Chevy Cruze Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Cars Are Illegal news | 38 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,186 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
cooling system problem