- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 8 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 11 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 14 days ago
- May 15: Chevy Camaro Owners File Lawsuit Over 'Service Airbag' Lights news | 15 days ago
- May 15: GM Recalls 317,000 Vehicles With Radio and Chime Problems recalls | 15 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,186 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
cooling system problem