- February 8: General Motors Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Cars to Fix Seats recalls | 17 days ago
- February 5: GM Recalls 2017 Chevrolet Suburban HD Vehicles recalls | 20 days ago
- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 67 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 72 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 73 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,186 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
cooling system problem