2011 Chevrolet Equinox electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox:

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 192013

Equinox

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the air conditioner malfunctioned. The contact mentioned that whenever she attempted to activate the A/C, it would blow hot air. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the condenser, expansion valve and the compressor were defective. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 40,000.

- Plantation , FL, USA

Feb 012013

Equinox

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the headlights failed and powered back on independently without warning. Additionally, the windshield wipers and the anti-theft device independently powered on without warning. The service tire pressure monitor warning light was also illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician advised that the body control module needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised that the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 48,000.

- Burlington , MI, USA

Mar 152011

Equinox 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the memory seat positions were preset and recognized how to set the seats by the electronic memory key fob when inserted into the ignition. The contact stated that when she inserted her key into the ignition, the memory seat was set based on the other driver's saved seat settings, and not hers. When the other driver entered his key into the ignition, the memory seat would move forward to the contact's saved seat position and not his own pre-setting. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing however, the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 200. Updated 10/3/12 updated 10/09/12

- Munster, IN, USA

Jun 142012

Equinox

The air conditioner stopped working completely, Chevrolet is trying to charge us 100-200$ but we have an extended warranty with the vehicle, not sure if what they are doing is legal, can they really charge to repair something that is still under warranty? I think the air conditioner malfunction is a symptom of a much greater problem, I.e. electrical problems with the engine or computers onboard the car. Onstar says several things have been recalled on the car, but the government recall site has none of those items listed.

- Lompoc, CA, USA

Nov 252011

Equinox 4-cyl

Vechile will shake back and forth everytime im about to come to a stop it will not allow me to press gas. Car odometer goes to 0 and I have no power to the vechile, the vechile just dies in the middle of traffic has been to the dealership twice already over issue this will be the third time.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Mar 312011

Equinox

Owned for 6 days and the battery was dead hesitation, stalling, hard shift, RPM's bounce all over and it auto shifts all over the place, terrible gas mileage, smells like it runs rich when started, down shifts going thru the middle of town at 20 mph and throws me forward, some shifting hesitates like it sticks in neutral temporarily, has been in the dealership constantly. GM has not done anything, I am always told that it is a part or that it is updates that come from GM. Purchased March 25, 2011 and not one wk without problems. Dealer does not provide paperwork for most visits.

- Newton, KS, USA

Sep 202011

Equinox 4-cyl

In September 2011, six weeks after purchasing my 2011 Chevy Equinox, I was rear-ended by a heavy-duty pickup truck. I was so rattled by the collision that I forgot that I had onstar. The other driver used his cell phone to call the police. I received minor injuries during the accident. A few days later I told my husband that I thought it was strange that onstar did not contact me right after the collision. He called onstar and told them what happened. The representative told my husband that the rear sensors should have signaled a collision, but, because the sensors did not activate, onstar would report the problem to GM. The rep also told my husband that this is an ongoing problem and GM management is aware of the problem. The rep offered to extend our onstar trial period for another 6 months. If GM is aware of the rear sensor malfunction, why aren't they correcting the problem" instead they are placating customers with an extension of onstar service. What happens if a more serious rear-end crash occurs, the driver is unconscious, and can't call for help" I would like this problem of the malfunctioning rear sensors to be investigated.

- Barnhart, MO, USA

Oct 302011

Equinox 4-cyl

My 2011 Equinox has just now started showing some "sticking" in the steering mechanism when making slight steering corrections while traveling at highway speeds (60-70mph). It required me to pull the steering wheel the causing over steer. I was lucky there was no car in the next lane. The condition is more noticeable when starting to turn left. It is barely noticeable at lower speeds but can be detected. The Equinox was put into service in March 2011. This being an all electric power steering the problem could in the rack, ECM programming or the drive motor. Took the car to dealer on 10/31/11 they found nothing! view details.

- Camden, DE, USA

Oct 162011

Equinox

I was driving my Equinox out of a parking lot and it stalled, I restarted it, drove it up the road and was going about 30 mph and it stalled again, I turned around back to the parking lot and it happened 2 more times. I have also be getting very poor gas mileage (15-18mph). The car was towed to the dealer and they said they reset the electrical control module because it had errors on it. This has thus far resolved the car from stalling but has not improved the gas mileage.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jun 102011

Equinox 4-cyl

I drive a 2011 chevolet Equinox and on 3 separate occasions, it has shut off and would not accellerate right after cranking the car up and putting it in gear. No accidents have occured but this has happened over a dozen times and I have sent it back and forth to the dealership for repairs. The dealership says it is fixed but it continues to occur.

- Wauchula, FL, USA

Jul 152011

Equinox

Two weeks after purchasing our 2011 Chevrolet Equinox, the engine light came on and the car lost a lot of power. We took it to the shop and they claimed there was a recall on the computer system that controlled the steering. Then, two weeks later, the engine made a loud, strange, noise when it started. It drove a bit, then completely died in the middle of the street. It was restarted, then it died and had to be towed away. Dealer said it is a faulty cam shaft. This car has 900 miles and it now 30 days old.

- Greenacres, FL, USA

Feb 232011

Equinox 4-cyl

2011 Chevy Equinox battery fully discharged. Car has 1300 miles on it. Car was in garage for two days before starting. Dealership recharged battery and doesn't seem to want to investigate this further, sales person does not return calls. GM online customer service only sent auto reply without addressing the problem and on the reply named me as "frank", not my name at all. It took three tries to jump start the car.

- Perrysburg, OH, USA

Feb 152011

Equinox 4-cyl

I purchased a 2011 chev. Equinox on 1/14/2011 and the battery keeps going dead on me while it sits in my garage. This has happened twice now. It has 623 miles on it. I don't drive it every day but it seems to happen when I open the back hatch and close it. I make sure it is shut tight and also that no lights are left on. I reported it to the dealer I purchased it from and he said to take it to a chev. Dealer and have them check the battery and also run a perastatic draw test on it. The one dealer I called did not seem interested in doing this as he stated he had no openings except the following week. When I planned on taking it in the battery was again dead and I am now charging it up again. I really want to find out what is happening to it. I have a 2006 Silverado and have had no problems with it. I also had a 2004 Buick Lesabre that gave me the same problem as my Equinox. If they were not driven every day or so the batteries went dead. No dealer could find the problem with my Buick so I got rid of it. Also the Equinox seems to hesitate before it shifts into another gear.

- Denver, IA, USA