6.0

2012 Chevrolet Equinox engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox:

2012 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jan 012013

Equinox LTZ 2.4L

Engine light comes on and on and on, which when on other things don't work, ie cruse control, remote starter. Mechanics say this is not a random experience and no known fix as of yet. The mechanic say it's the throttle body and bad gas. My truck doesn't have this problem. Seems on 4 cylinder motors there is a lot of gunk that builds up on the valves and also causes less gas mileage, went from 32 mpg to approx.. 27mpg highway. The only good thing is that it happened before the warranty ran out. It's in the shop right now, again. The dealership has been fantastic so far, but this is the last time for them to try to fix it. We also had the dash board control lights go off when we were driving.

- , Orion, IL, USA

Oct 182012

Equinox LTZ 6.8L

I have taken this car back to the dealer every other week because of the check engine light keeps coming on and its starting to annoy me because they can't come up with why it keeps coming on they keep telling me its nothing but its cold now and my automatic starter won't work as long as the light is on. I tried all brands of gas and noting seems to help and its back to the dealer again the light has come on again.

- , Conley, GA, USA