Passlock Problem, Won't Start And Security Light Is On

2002 Chevrolet Impala (Page 12 of 12)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

8.2

2. letting car sit for approx 30 minutes (38 reports)
  3. wait 10 min till securty light stops flashing, try again (18 reports)
  4. recall (14 reports)
  5. replaced body control module (11 reports)
  6. bypass the ignition sensor (9 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 12 of 12)

Jul 052006

Impala LX V6

This problem seems to be some kind of vehicle defect that a lot of us owners share. The same thing happened to me where I noticed one day while I was driving that the security light was on... didn't pay it much mind, but a few days later when I tried to start my car nothing happened. The lights and radio were on, but the the car didn't make a noise when I turned the ignition! I'm trying to do some trouble shooting, so I'm wondering if anyone else who have had this problem noticed their doors were unlocked before tyring to start their car? Maybe the answer can be as simple as locking the car from the outside (which sets the security system) then unlocking the doors and trying again to start the car.

- , North Highlands, CA, US

Jun 132006

Impala LS

Security light on, would not start. The really awful part was no one could figure out what the problem was.

- , Springville, NY, USA

Mar 032006

Impala

The dashboard Security light comes on while I'm driving, then goes out; no imediate consequence. It will start regularly for about 10 days, but will decide to just not crank when I turn the ignition. I had a new battery installed. It still does it. It's been at the dealership for about two weeks now. They try to get it to do it, but can't yet. No codes are showing up on the diagnostics. When it happens, the lights on the dash go dark. The windows, radio... everything still works though. Help!

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Nov 132005

Impala LS

Occasionally the car wont start at all, when you hit the key nothing at all happens, no clicking sound or anything at all, except the Information feature will come on and say ( Security )... I have replaced the battery ( did not help ) I know the battery is full of power as all the accessories do function, such as the radio and power windows .. the only thing that wont work when this happens is the starter will not engage at all !!

So far when this happens, I let it set for aprox 30 minutes and then it starts just fine .... WHAT A REAL PAIN IN MY ASS !!!!!!

So if anyone has had this same problem, please let me know if you figured out how to solve it ..

( PS ) >>>The dealer of course has no idea what the culprit could be ... SO WHATS NEW ???

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA