2. unplugged the rearview mirror (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Impala:

2003 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Nov 012014

Impala LX 3.2L

I have a Chevy impala sitting in the drive way that has had alarms going off and theft lock activated and cant get past it. I have had this going on for started in 2008 with lights not working and now it wont even take a charge or start. The car runs great.....................except for this.

- , Tiffin, IA, USA

Oct 092013

Impala LS 3.8L

I have a 2003 Impala and the daytime driving lights are flashing off & on. Relay on passenger side fuse box chattering. Radio display and instrument cluster goes dim and then bright. Then the battery goes dead in as little as a few hours with a new battery. I have to connect a battery charger daily just to be sure it will be able to start when I need it. Ignition switch has been replaced once already. Stopped at a garage sale and left the keys in the ignition without locking the doors. When we came back all the doors were locked! Going out of my mind on this car! HELP!!!

- , Lapeer, MI, USA

Mar 042010

Impala LS 3800 V6

I am having a voltage draw that will drain my battery dead overnight, I have narrowed it down to the radio circut pull the fuse the drain goes away, have replaced the radio with a new one, didn't cure it, also put in a new BCM module, didn't cure it I also checked the rear amp, unplugged it drain is still there, also unplugged the RF module and drain is still there,does anyone have cures for me to try, am getting frustrated, can use any help.

Update from May 7, 2010: I traced the draw to the rearview mirror, it has auto dimming and compass and outside temperature, I unplugged it and the draw went away, so will leave it unplugged for awhile , it has been 2 weeks now, cross your fingers that's it.

- , Warroad, MN, USA