6.0

2. replace engine (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 022016

Impala V6

my son called me while on the road with the impala. Engine light flashing then solid, car running rough. He brought it home. Checked fluids. everything was filled properly. Friday morning while driving it to our mechanic (2 miles away) white smoke coming out of exhaust car running rough. I thought it was going to explode or catch fire. Luckily it did not. Mechanic looked at it later on that day. Verified that all fluids were in vehicle, transmission fluid, coolant, oil, etc. Never had engine overheat, took it faithfully for oil changes every 3,000! Engine done. need a new engine. has only 54,000 miles on it. How is this possible? Have always considered Chevy to be a good product. Previous owner had done the same with oil changes. My son is devastated.

- , brooklyn, OH, USA

Oct 042010

Impala LS 3.8L

Check Engine light come on so I go to Auto Zone they do their free diagnostics check. It said I needed to buy a new gas cap. I did and the check engine light is still on!!! WTF!!!

- , Davison, MI, USA