- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
2004 Chevrolet Impala
Worst 2004 Impala engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- having troubles starting7
- blown head gasket5
- engine cuts out and surges3
- engine knock then cuts out2
- shuts off while driving2
- stalls out during low speeds2
- traction control activates for no reason2
- humming noise from engine1
- leaking oil1
- motor hanging out1
- piston slap1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control27
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling21
- NHTSA: Engine7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Impala Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Impala compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Impala overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Impala.