2004 Chevrolet Impala
Worst 2004 Impala engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- blown head gasket6
- engine cuts out and surges3
- engine knock then cuts out2
- shuts off while driving2
- stalls out during low speeds2
- check engine light on1
- humming noise from engine1
- leaking oil1
- motor hanging out1
- piston slap1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control26
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling23
- NHTSA: Engine14
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Impala Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Impala compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Impala overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Impala.