- June 16: Millions More GM Cars Have Defective Ignition Switches
- June 9: GM Recalls 89,000 Trucks, SUVs and Cars
- June 3: GM Sends Recall Notices To Families of Deceased Accident Victims
- May 20: GM Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles in Four Separate Recalls
- May 15: Troubled GM Recalls 2.7 Million Vehicles After Hundreds of Complaints
2004 Chevrolet Impala
Worst 2004 Impala transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission slips40
- shifting hard31
- surging under acceleration2
- kicks into overdrive or gear with just a tap of the gas1
- shifting slowly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission21
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Impala Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Impala compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Impala overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Impala.