2007 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Impala:

2007 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jul 182015

Impala

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. While driving 40 mph, the vehicle independently jerked to the left and right without warning. The contact lost control of the vehicle and struck a curb. The vehicle rolled over three times and landed upright. The contact stated that the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. Minor injuries were sustained, but did not require medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed from the scene. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 125,000.

- Chagrin Falls, OH, USA

May 022011

Impala 6-cyl

While driving my "service traction control" message came on followed by "reduced engine power". it slows down my vehicle and sometimes I cannot even accelerate when these messages appear. They always come on together and every single time I drive. Sometimes right away, sometimes after I've been driving for awhile. It use to not happen when I was using my cruise control but not even when that is on it happens.

- Goshen, IN, USA

Dec 172014

Impala

Driving down road at 65mph when all of a sudden reduce engine power comes on and my car shuts off the cruise and I cant get the power up over 15mph on a major highway............

- Deridder, LA, USA

May 092012

Impala

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph the transmission failed. The traction control warning light was illuminated at the time of the failure. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic for inspection where they stated that they could not determine the cause of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The dealer was notified and advised the contact that they were not familiar with the type of failure. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 112012

Impala 6-cyl

On Monday August 7,2012 I started experincing problems withmy car not starting so we replaced the battery. Then sat. August 12, 2012 my car completely shut down. After I got jumped we drove it home only to realize the car wa going only 30 mph. Having to climb hill was very fustrating. Took it to O'rielly and the computer read P0606 which has to do something with the modules. Also all the electrical inside the car is going haywire, key stuck in ignition, and has to lock doors automactially due to keypad not working. Please do a recall on this before someone or family is seriously injured or killed. As a parent I travel alot with mine.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA