2007 Chevrolet Impala lights problems: headlights go out without cause

Headlights Go Out Without Cause

4.0

2. smacked the headlight with my hand (1 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Impala lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Impala:

2007 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Mar 132012

Impala

I have had a ton of issues with this piece of SYTWEFGG car

- , fort myers, fl, USA

Dec 022011

Impala LT 3.5L V6 Flex Fuel

Yesterday, (12/1/2011), I was at the end of my shift, walking out to my awesome impersonation mobile. As I began to pull away, one of the co-workers pointed at the front of my car. I was hoping somebody had ran into it so I could claim it on insurance, but sadly, this wasn't the case. My right, front headlight had went out. Okay, routine maintenance... Replace the bulb when I get home.

I get home, it's cold out, and I'm a slacker. Instead, I go in and sleep. This morning I wake up, and pull away for work. Neither of my headlights are working. I rotate the knob a few times... Brights still work, but not my normal headlights (Automatic, nor manual position on the light dial).

I was pretty excited, I had an excuse to stay home from work! Instead, I pulled over and got out of my car. I know both bulbs aren't about to go out. I walk up to the front, and smack them lovingly, twice each. Each one turned on as I smacked them.

Sounds like the positive wire on the low beam is loose, on both bulbs. Thankfully, this was a cheap fix, and a tremendous safety hazard. This is why I'll never buy another American vehicle (see other complaints to be filed shortly about this pile of crap).

- , Minooka, IL, USA