2007 Chevrolet Impala seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Impala:

2007 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 152013

Impala

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the airbag and the engine warning lights illuminated. The contact mentioned that while at a stop light and attempting to drive, the vehicle jerked. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic and the failure was unable to be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,000 and the current mileage was 139,000.

- Bridgeville, DE, USA

Oct 152013

Impala

TL- the contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated while driving 30-40 mph the contacts vehicle was crashed on the driver rear side pushing the vehicle into a ditch. The vehicle rolled twice and flipped two times before coming to a complete stop. The air bags did not deploy. The driver was knocked unconscious on impact. The driver sustained 10 broken ribs, left kidney and sustained a traumatic brain causing him to have short term memory lose and seizures. The vehicle was rendered un repairable. The dealer was not informed. The manufacture was alerted about this failure. The manufacture stated the vehicle was a smart car and know where or not to deploy or not and decline to provide the contact assistance. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000. The VIN was not available.

- South Heaven , MI, USA

Dec 032012

Impala

How can a car go through the building process and the passenger air bag not be installed" Chevrolet's fix for this was a $100 gift certificate to fly anywhere I wanted to go. I guess $100 is all a human life is worth"

- Washington, NC, USA

Jan 032011

Impala 6-cyl

My air bag light continues to come on for no reason, my tire sensor light comes on as well even when there's nothing wrong with my tires, my service engine light is on I got it serviced and its still on, my seat belts do not work properly, my heat and air doesn't work properly as well there's so much wrong with my car and I have spent so much money fixing it and the same problems still occur.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 012012

Impala

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while traveling 55 mph, the vehicle was involved in a rollover crash. None of the airbags deployed and the contact sustained a fractured neck, as well as other injuries. The vehicle was taken to an impound and declared as destroyed. The VIN was not available. The failure and the current mileages were 93,000.

- Charles City, IA, USA

Jan 112012

Impala 6-cyl

I was driving and to avoid a head on crash I had swerved and went to straighten out but noticed the other driver was still heading for me I had braked and lost control of the car. I had flew over a ditch and went up a hill and rolled back down. We had our seat belts on I was knocked out by my head banging on the steering wheel. None of the airbags were deployed. In a crash like that they should have deployed. We ended upside down.

- Erin, NY, USA

Jun 112010

Impala

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. While driving 30 mph, the contact stated that the driver lost control of the vehicle, causing him to crash into a fire hydrant. The air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, was not inspected at the contact's request. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The current and failure mileage was 102,000. A police report was available.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Sep 052010

Impala

I was a seated driver driving to work and I tried to pass a driver in front of me that was driving reckless. As I began to pass the car they swerved towards me and I hit the gravel and lost control of the car and began to spin and hit the pavement then gravel again and began to flip several times before slamming into the field. I hit my head on the stirring wheel twice and I the air bags never deployed. I was going 60 miles per hour. I had head and neck injuries.

- Lambert, MS, USA

Dec 012007

Impala

Shortly after purchasing the vehicle, electrical system and on-board computer issues started occurring: Tire monitor system (TPMS) in-op. Warnings randomly appearing in dash: Check tire monitor system. Check left/right rear tire pressure. TPMS did not warn of a flat tire even though a significant amount of air was lost. Increasing no. Of issues with electrical system: Keyless entry fails. Check airbag warning appears. Check A/C warning in dash. Ambient temperature gauge erratic. Compass showing N (or ne/nw but always incorrect heading). Cruise control will not resume at times or set incorrect speed (a few M/H higher or lower). Speed has increased on its own. Once, I noticed the speed at over 80M/H when I had set the cruise control at 70. Dash displaying warnings quickly and yellow warning lights flash briefly, which is extremely distracting and warnings cannot be read. TPMS light comes on routinely after driving for 1-3 hours. Warnings may flash at any time. Took the vehicle in six times at the request of GM. Some parts were replaced but electrical issues keep increasing and original issues cannot be fixed. Keyless entry working for now, after components were replaced twice. E-brake did not work when the vehicle was purchased. Though promised by delivery, car had to be taken in five times for E-brake to work modestly. I am not in possession of any old parts as repairs were performed under warranty.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Feb 152007

Impala

We purchased this vehicle from wally mccarthy's in Minnesota on 12/21/07. On February 15, 2008, the car was involved in a severe collision when other driver failed to stop. On star was alerted immediately and showed that air bags deployed. However, air bags did not deploy and pretensioner belts failed causing permanent injuries. Wally mccarthy refuses to speak with us and GM offers nothing in resolving case as of 2/17/09. See cnn ireport for photos under "Chevy Impala".

- Lindstrom, MN, USA

Sep 292007

Impala

I was traveling on the hwy at about 70-75 miles per hour when I tried to miss an object in the road my steering wheel locked up and I spun to the right resulting in my car hitting the guard rail and spinning back across the hwy to hit the median wall. My passenger was injured B/C his seatbealt did not restrain him and no airbags deployed. Nothing has been done to the car it is still in post accident condition.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Aug 222007

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. While driving 5 mph, a speeding vehicle struck and pushed the contact's vehicle into a brick wall of an apartment complex. None of the air bags deployed. The driver sustained injuries to the head and eye. The contact sustained injuries to the head, neck, back, and legs. A police report was filed. The manufacturer took a report and investigated the brain box. The investigation concluded that the air bag acted properly by not deploying, but no further explanation was provided. The current and failure mileages were 10,000. Updated 02-06-08. Updated 03/29/10 updated 10/14/10

- Milwaukee, WI, USA