2007 Chevrolet Impala transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Impala:

2007 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Feb 162009

Impala

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. When the contact's vehicle came to a complete stop, he noticed that the transmission was failing and would not shift gears in a timely manner. He took the vehicle to the dealer, but they stated that the transmission was functioning correctly. The dealer wanted to change the oil and charge an additional $400 to diagnose the transmission. The current and failure mileages were 43,678.

- Chestnut Ridge , NY, USA

May 052008

Impala

I purchased the vehicle with 704 miles on it in February 2008. In may of 2008, the traction light came on and the traction control and ABS were "disabled". I took the vehicle in to the dealer where I purchased it, and they told me I had water in the fuel. As I was leaving the dealership, the transmission stopped shifting, and the car went into "limp" mode. I left the car to have the transmission control module replaced. I received the car back 5 days later and the light came on again, and the ABS and traction control where disabled. I took the car to another dealership in the hopes that they could find the trouble. After 14 days in service, they determined that rust has clogged the fuel system of the vehicle. The vehicle currently has 9,800 miles on it. The car is now "undriveable". they have yet to address the root cause of the safety issue that was the catalyst for the service visit.

- Oakland, ME, USA

Mar 042008

Impala 6-cyl

The vehicle was turned off, in park, with the parking brake on, in the driveway at an incline. The vehicle rolled backwards down the driveway, and hit the fence which brought it to a stop. There was damage to the driver side door and driver side rear of vehicle. The car was taken to dealer, and the event explained. The dealer made repair to door at my cost. The dealer made no attempt to determine the cause. I called again to service and spoke to someone, who stated that the parking brake is not supposed to prevent the vehicle from rolling backwards. No investigation was offered.

- Rowlett, TX, USA