2007 Chevrolet Impala wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Impala:

2007 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 082015

Tire pressure monitoring system sensor/light stays on. Won't reset. Had to take to dealer. This is a known common problem with Chevy/GM vehicles. Tire pressure was good, all tires were good (set to manufacturer's specs.)

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 162015

I was driving down hwy 85 around 5;30am and just passing exit 20/new hope when I hit a huge pot hole in the road on the far right lane. After hearing a loud noise I pulled over and saw that my rim was cracked open on the front right side and slightly slit on the rear right tire.

- Gastonia, NC, USA

Mar 062010

Impala 6-cyl

My ABS and traction control lights came on I was told it was my bearings. I replaced those and problems began again I was told it was my brakes and rotors and replaced those. Problem began again I was told it was my sensors, again I replaced those. Problem began again I was told it has to be the senor, another repair. All the while constantly needing tires (pressure lights also kept coming on) well ABS and traction control problem began again. I backed up and car wouldn't go forward. It'll go forward in 1 N 2 I believe. Help!..

- Pomona, CA, USA

Nov 152014

On Saturday, November 15, 2014, I took my 2007 Chevrolet Impala ls to hailey's Chevrolet for the "electrical ignition / key recall." After my keys were fixed and the two 6mm rings were attached to them, I was driving 25 mph down the highway, slowed down for another vehicle that was turning; then the service airbag and service tire pressure monitoring system lights illuminated, flickered three times, and have remained on since then. I didn't have any problems with my vehicle; until the recall repairs listed above were performed. I am scared to drive my car even short distances now because of all the news headlines about, "airbags exploding" and fear of, what might happen with my tires. These matters should really be investigated.

- Victoria, VA, USA

Feb 122014

Impala 6-cyl

Shorting of the driver side headlight, tired system alert warning on.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 302012

Impala 6-cyl

Bought the car Jan 2012. Car has 31,000 mi. The inside of rear tires are wearing out. Had car aligned mechanic says tires need replaced. It looks to me by all of the reports of the same problem. There is definitely a mechanical issue here. Maybe NHTSA should check this out.

- Willmar, MN, USA

Nov 112013

In November of 2013 I noticed weird tire wear on my 07 Impala lt (rear).. thought it was due to low grade tires so I purchased a two better tire for the rear.. March 16 2014 I received a flat while parked... attempted to change and inside tire wear four months brand new tires destroyed. So I researched why this would happen and found out that GM had class action lawsuit against them for know about this and only recalling law enforcement issued Impala's.I purchased the car 2010 and November 2013 is when I first seen problem.

- Howell, NJ, USA

Mar 032008

Impala 6-cyl

The tires are wearing terribly. This seems to be a alignment or suspension problem because the tires wear on the inside. There has never been an accident in this car. The rear tires seem to be the issue. About a year and 1/2 ago, I bought very expensive 80,000 mile tires top of the line unknowingly that there was a defect. The tires were completely trashed- the wires were sticking out of the inside of the tire when I brought them into my tire dealership. The manager there told me to check on a possible recall because he sees this happening with all the 2007 Chevy Impala that he works on. I am afraid that it could cause a accident or worse.....

- Burnsville , MN, USA

Sep 302011

Impala 6-cyl

When purchased, the vehicle exhibited rear tire tread wear on the inside of the rear tires only. We bought new tires in 2011 and had the vehicle balanced and aligned. In July 2013, we find that we need to replace our 70,000 mile tires (driven 20,000 miles in that two years) because of rear wear to the inside of the rear tires. Certified Chevy dealer says nothing wrong with car...tire company blames mechanical help from Chevy as they indicate they stand by the certified mechanics. In reading histories on this vehicle, it appears that some 2007 models have had replacement parts issued by Chevy, but not any vehicle not used for personal usage. It seems to be a significant issue as the tire wear could cause an accident.

- Ogallala, NE, USA

Feb 232013

Impala 6-cyl

Chevrolet Impala displays excessive wear on the inside of the rear tires. I am assuming it is the rear tires as online searches describe the same condition affect the rear tires. The tires were rotated every time the oil was changed, so the front tires show some wear but not nearly the same amount of damage. It is my guess this wearing started before the most recent tire rotation. The tires are worn to the point the cords are showing along the inside of the rear tires. The tire is very rounded on the inside edge of each tire while the outside edge of each tire looks like they did when new. The tires are Michelin hydroedge tires with approximately 50,000 miles, they are rated for 90,000 miles. Online information says this is a problem with the spindle rods. There is a pending class action lawsuit against "new GM" to honor design problems of "old GM." GM order a recall on all police Impala from 2007-2008 within a VIN range to replace the spindle rods. Bulletin no. 08032A. Also search document pic5406A for more information. This is a severe safety problem which could lead to tire failure while operating the vehicle.!!!

- Douglassville, PA, USA

Jan 012013

Impala 6-cyl

Excessive tire wear, driver side rear tire inside wears abnormally. Suspect rear wheel spindle rod, which was recalled for police model but not civilian model for rear wheel misalignment. Danger of wear not being noticed since it is excessive on the inside of tire which could result in a tire blow out and crash.

- Sunderland, MD, USA

Oct 122011

Impala 6-cyl

Rear wheels canter are out of spec and cannot be set properly resulting in wheel wear and tire replacement 5000 miles into new tires. Also the wear is on the inside of the wheel so there aren't any visual indications of wearing until the tires blew out. I have small children that cannot be put in that type of danger.

- Madison Heights, MI, USA

Aug 152011

Impala 6-cyl

I bought my car used with 40,000 mile on it. The tires were perfect when I bought it. 9,000 miles later, my front tires kept going flat. I looked at them and the entire inside of the tires were worn through. I took it to the local tire shop and they told me the tires wore like that due to a bad alignment. My steering seemed fine. The manager of the shop came out to tell me that many of his customers with Impala have similar issues. A extra long factory installed camber bolt causes the vehicles to become un aligned, and causes excessive wear on the tires.

- Gassville, AR, USA

Aug 042011

Impala 6-cyl

I purchased a 2007 Chevy Impala 3.5 lt in 2011. Soon discovered the back end shifts when going over rough, uneven roads and highways. It also shifts when going over manhole covers. When driving in mn snow and ice, it is very unsettling to have the back-end fishtail. I've complained to the local dealership, attorney general, and GM motors hq. I soon learned of the problems and exact same complaints that other 2007 Chevy Impala owners are having with this car. The other day my son used my car to run an errand and even he noticed that the back-end is faulty. I've had this car aligned two times within six months. I am frustrated that the local dealer will not take the car back and also that GM motors hq will not fix this dangerous problem. I'm stuck with a car that's not safe, thus limiting any freeway driving, especially in winter.

- St Paul, MN, USA

Sep 102012

Impala 6-cyl

I bought this car used 9 months ago and put new tires on it, one of the rear tires blew out on the inside where it was worn down the to steel and the other is down to showing steel and needs to be replaced as well. It is only the inside of the rear tires and it not visible when approaching the vehicle. This is something that seems to have been a recall on "police" Impala's but not the standard Impala but from a short search on the internet this seems to be a wide spread problem.

- Hope Mills, NC, USA

Oct 102010

Impala 6-cyl

Traveling down fm 247 South in huntsville, tx. @ posted speed of 60 mph around the time of about 1:10 pm, when my rear tires involuntarily swerved causing my vehicle to steer cross lanes and crash off road onto grassy and wooded shoulder. Crashed into debris including trees limbs, stumps. Crash caused personal injury and damage to vehicle. The consumer stated GM was well aware that the Chevrolet Impala's were within the recalled VIN breakpoint. They were equipped with an identical frame, chassis, suspension, spindle rods as the police package listed for the recall. Updated 08/09/12 updated 08/14/12 the consumer is requesting NHTSA policy when an auto manufacturer is to file a recall with the public. Updated 05/08/14

- Houston, TX, USA

May 072012

Impala 8-cyl

2007 Impala ss that I have owned since April 2011 and bought with 24,000 miles.the problem is with rear tires on the car wearing witihin one month after replacing, the instalation of tires is followed by a professional alignment and the tires still wear down to the wires. I have been through several sets of tires and alignments since I purchased the car and have not yet found a fix other than tires and alignment. Documents have indicated that there are bad rear spindle rods on the rear of the car that GM has aknowledged are present and GM failed to repair them on all 2007-2008 Impala with the exception of police vehicles (approximately 23,000 police duty cars out of 450,000+ affected). GM will not replace these under warranty and I cannot find a repair for the issue. The car will slip out of alignment within a few days or weeks and cause very dangerous driving conditions if driven on rain, snow or any slippery surface, causing the car to sway in the rear, hydroplane and even lose control. This is an enourmous safety hazard for Impala owners and also other drivers that may have an accident due to this issue.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Jun 162008

Impala 6-cyl

I noticed things about my car but ignored them because I thought, this is a brand new car and it shouldn't have any issues. From the very beginning I would notice that my car would slide a lot when there was snow/ice/rain on the ground. As if it wasn't sitting on the ground properly. I would look at it from the rear at a distance and it always seemed to slant/droop at an angle. About a year and half of ownership while getting my oil changed a service tech from an authorized Chevrolet dealer informed me that I had excessive tire wear and stated that I needed all new tires. Note he never stated that I needed a wheel alignment or that there was a possible recall notice that we could fix while your car is still under. He just wanted to sell me tires. From doing my research it looks like I am not alone with the issue of excessive tire wear. Looks like GM is also aware of this issue. There is a GM bulletin 08032 but GM only states that government cars are affected. I know of several people that work on GM assembly lines and they will state that there is no difference, so why has there not been a recall on this issue. This is very dangerous for GM to knowing know that something is not correct on these cars and they are refusing to do anything about it. How many lives have been lost or have to be lost for GM to call a recall and fix the issue on these cars. Update 2/22/2012: I have gotten the "needed" "special" wheel alignment but am still constantly replacing tires that have been on my car not even a year. Will never buy a Chevy again. Not reputable and doing the right thing which is to correctly fix over 400,000 cars.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Nov 212011

Impala 6-cyl

My 2007 Chevrolet Impala was recently in Chevrolet shop for 30,000 miles maintenance. I was shocked when told I needed tires. I am the original owner and drive to and from work and an occasional weekend trip. I have my tires rotated every 10,000 miles. What gives?

- Northfield, NJ, USA

Aug 122008

Tires completely worn at 23,000 miles dealer said because not rotated properly ($500 for new tire)I rotated every 7000 miles they failed at 61,209 miles put on four new tires (3rd set another $470) and rotated every 5000 dealer said poor choice of tires installed Goodyear premium tire next set went in 20000 miles wheel alignment done every year no adjustments needed, last set of tires now worn at mileage 83,300. I have had 15 new cars during my lifetime and never have I encountered the premature wear I have on this Impala. Driving all highway miles I do not speed or corner fast I rotate tires check air pressure in addition to TPMS system why am I seeing tire failure on three different brands of premium tire?

- Swanton, VT, USA