2008 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

2008 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

May 122011

After parking a 2008 Impala on a flat concrete surface I took the lug nuts off the passenger side front tire. I then placed the jack (which had never been used before ever ) under the proper fitting points as shown in the manual behind the front wheel. And jacked the car up until the tire could be removed from the car. After the tire was completely off I was visually inspecting the brake pads but not touching it when the jack began to break off from the base. As I moved away to protect myself the jack completely broke away from the base and the car landed on the ground, broken jack and rotor. I then called aaa who took a 3 ton jack and inserted it under the front of the car and jacked it up enough to put the tire back on. Never in my life have I seen this happen before and I have changed the tires on many cars and trucks. I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow who will be inspecting my car and hopefully replacing the jack.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Jun 162010

Scissor jack provided by manufacturer failed. While attempting to change a flat, the jack failed while wheel was removed causing car to drop to the ground. Jack use instructions reviewed an followed. Surface adequately flat and solid. Jack base ended up bent as did the scissor mechanism. Jack failure has potential for both injury and vehicle damage.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA