2011 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Impala:

2011 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 012011

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the brake pedal was too narrow and when depressed, the contact's foot would slip off the brake pedal. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 190 and the current mileage was 6, 8000.

- North Tonawanda , NY, USA

Nov 112011

Impala 6-cyl

Driving downhill a truck pulling a trailer brake suddenly in front of me causing me to have to brake hard. The brake pedal shuddered and felt like I needed to take my foot off the brake but I couldn't! additionally the steering wheel shuddered horribly side to side. Braking on the remainder of the hill and for a while after had the same chattering, shaking, shuddering, and sort of brake grinding feeling making me feel like I could not rely on the brakes and maybe the steering was having problems too. Scared me and felt terribly unsafe!!!! this happened once before about a year ago with this car in a similar downhill sudden braking situation. I drive to avoid having to brake suddenly but sometimes it is unavoidable and I don't want to drive this car anymore because it feels too unsafe.

- Price, UT, USA