2011 Chevrolet Impala wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Impala:

2011 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Sep 092016

Purchased set of 4 yokohama ascend 225/55tr17 on August 27,2013 to replace oem tires. A front end alignments was completed @ 3,385 miles before the purchase. Another front end alignment was completed @ 26,327 miles on July 2, 2015. Tires were maintained at 35psi with rotations occurring at 6344, 26327, 33445 & 41614. With steering wheel vibration occurring, it was determined tire separation occurred on the right front at 49,179 miles. Tire was replaced at a prorated rate on May 16, 2016. On September 7, 2016 a similar steering wheel vibration was noticed approximate 600 miles from home. Upon nearing home, excessive steering wheel and vehicle oscillations where observed at speeds >45mph. On September 9, 2016 it was determined that a second tire had separated, this time it was the left front at 49,625 miles. Tire was replaced at a prorated basis. All mileages are stated in tread wear with this complaint being based on FMVSS & cfr experience

- Culleoka, TN, USA

Aug 112014

My service air bag light stays on. I had it checked out. The passenger seat sensor is faulty or has faulty wiring. It's a newer vehicle, I currently have 72,000 miles on it. And is a safety concern for anybody especially my kids who rides in my passenger seat. The sensor will not acknowledge any weight on the seat and will not activate if I were to get into an accident. I called up a while back and put in a complaint. Somebody called me back but never answered my phone or messages I had left. I've researched this issue and have noticed there's a lot of people with the same problem. I expect Chevy to stand by their product and address this issue. Thank you

- East Longmeadow, MA, USA

Apr 022014

Impala 6-cyl

Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires. Vibration at 60 mph chev dealer checked vehicle recently and said that in 3 of the 4 tires, the steel bands had shifted and that the tires should be replaced as soon as possible.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Jul 182013

I was driving home from work and the car started acting like it was uneven. I got to where I could pull over and found a balloon growing out of the side of my tire. The car is not that old and the tires in my past Impala's have lasted much longer. I am not happy with this. I had to call someone to help me so that it didn't explode and cause more damage.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA