2.8

2011 Chevrolet Impala wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Impala:

2011 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Oct 222016

Impala

My car has warn out two sets of tires on the rear. The still is showing. I have always known the front tires to ware out twice as fast as the rear. However, it is not happening with this Impala. For some reason the steel in the tires are always showing close to the middle of the tire. I don't drive much so this is a big problem for me. When it happened the first time with the tires that came on the car, I bought a new set and had the car aligned. It has done it again so I believe there is a defect in the car.

- Longview, TX, USA

Mar 102015

Impala

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the wheels had seized in the front and the rear when, the vehicle was in motion. The contact had replaced all four tires but the failure continued. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the front and rear alignment needed to be performed. In addition, the accelerator pedal failed to function properly and the dealer replaced the part. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired which was unreasonable for the contact. The failure mileage was not available.

- Elkhart, IN, USA

Sep 092016

Impala

Purchased set of 4 yokohama ascend 225/55tr17 on August 27,2013 to replace oem tires. A front end alignments was completed @ 3,385 miles before the purchase. Another front end alignment was completed @ 26,327 miles on July 2, 2015. Tires were maintained at 35psi with rotations occurring at 6344, 26327, 33445 & 41614. With steering wheel vibration occurring, it was determined tire separation occurred on the right front at 49,179 miles. Tire was replaced at a prorated rate on May 16, 2016. On September 7, 2016 a similar steering wheel vibration was noticed approximate 600 miles from home. Upon nearing home, excessive steering wheel and vehicle oscillations where observed at speeds >45mph. On September 9, 2016 it was determined that a second tire had separated, this time it was the left front at 49,625 miles. Tire was replaced at a prorated basis. All mileages are stated in tread wear with this complaint being based on FMVSS & cfr experience

- Culleoka, TN, USA

Aug 112014

Impala

My service air bag light stays on. I had it checked out. The passenger seat sensor is faulty or has faulty wiring. It's a newer vehicle, I currently have 72,000 miles on it. And is a safety concern for anybody especially my kids who rides in my passenger seat. The sensor will not acknowledge any weight on the seat and will not activate if I were to get into an accident. I called up a while back and put in a complaint. Somebody called me back but never answered my phone or messages I had left. I've researched this issue and have noticed there's a lot of people with the same problem. I expect Chevy to stand by their product and address this issue. Thank you

- East Longmeadow, MA, USA

Apr 022014

Impala 6-cyl

Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires. Vibration at 60 mph chev dealer checked vehicle recently and said that in 3 of the 4 tires, the steel bands had shifted and that the tires should be replaced as soon as possible.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Jul 182013

Impala

I was driving home from work and the car started acting like it was uneven. I got to where I could pull over and found a balloon growing out of the side of my tire. The car is not that old and the tires in my past Impala's have lasted much longer. I am not happy with this. I had to call someone to help me so that it didn't explode and cause more damage.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA