5.7

2. fix resistors that fail in the relay pack (10 reports)
  3. replace themostat (1 reports)
  4. replaced the fuse (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Malibu AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 162006

Malibu LS 3.1L V6

Just one of many other problems; replaced the resistor pack 3 times; yes I checked current draw of the fan and it's not excessive.

- , Lefroy, Ontario, Canada

Oct 172006

Malibu LS

Settings 1 and 2 don't work, same as everyone else. PIECE OF CRAP, never buying GM again.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA

Oct 022006

Malibu

I bought the car with about 36,000 miles, shortly after, blower wouldnt work on 1st or 2nd setting. now at about 90,000 miles blower will only work on highest setting. I am sure just a matter of time before it goes out completley

- , Wixom, MI, USA

Sep 152006

Malibu

the fan doesnt work on #1 and #2 what the hell is that all about. Either you freeze or overheat they need to do something about this.

- , Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Aug 272006

Malibu LS

The AC or heater works only on setting 3 or higher, 1 and 2 just don't blow any air. Not such a big deal but kind of annoying.

- , Victoriaville, QC, Canada

Aug 242006

Malibu

First two settings on blower fan stopped working

- , Hudson, WI, USA

Jan 032006

Malibu

Blower motor fan control settings #1 and #2 are non-functional.. Definently a GM & Delphi defect which they are aware of and should fix at no cost to the consumer. My son and I bought new 2000 Malibu's and both have experienced this problem at about 40000?? miles plus.

- , Eaton Rapids, MI, USA

Apr 052005

Malibu LS

same problem on FAN. no fan for settings 1,2. all other work ok. A/C recycle button would toggle itself off to vent after a few minutes.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 052005

Malibu LX

THE FAN DOESN'T WORK ON THE 1 OR 2 SETTINGS. THERE IS A RELAY PACK THAT IS BETWEEN THE SWITCH AND THE FAN. THE RESISTORS THAT CONTROL THE ONE AND TWO SETTING OVERHEAT AND FAIL. YOU CAN GO TO RADIOSHACK AND GET THE RESISTOR AND SOLDER THEM. I HAD THAT PROBLEM WHEN I BOUGHT MY NIGHTMARE AND HAD THE DEALER FIX IT.

- , Corona, NY, USA

Feb 092005

Malibu

myself and at least two other friends of mine can't get the heat or a/c to work until the 3rd setting.

- , Buffalo, NY, USA

Aug 092003

Malibu

THE AIR CONDITIONER WORKS ONLY ON NUMBER 3. ALL IN ALL I'M SORRY THAT I BOUGHT THE CAR. IT WAS NEW AND FOR A NEW CAR I HAD TO MANY PROBLEMS. I DON'T DRIVE THE CAR THAT MUCH . I HAVE ONLY HAD IT FOR 3 YRS.

- , Bronx, NY, USA