8.0

2000 Chevrolet Malibu cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Nov 102011

Malibu 3.1L V6

I just bought this car used from a Chevy dealership in Jackson, TN. I found the problem on the day after the purchase and all they had to say was it will be $800. I was going to replace it myself until I talked to my mechanic. He said I will need to get a newer (permanent fix) gasket, replace the thermostat, and flush the cooling system. I'm afraid to touch it because if I fix one thing, something else will go wrong. I wish GM would take care of this addressed issue. I have a 2003 Tahoe and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just bought this Malibu and I will take the first decent offer I get on it. I am not saying GM makes all there cars crappy, just some of them. The one I happen to own!!!!

- , Milan, TN, USA