2.0

2003 Chevrolet Malibu fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Malibu:

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jan 192009

Malibu

In our case, what could have happened is more extreme! after running to and from the store, our car would not restart. It happened in our own driveway--- thank god!!! from what I have read as to similar complaints on our exact vehicle's defect, we could have been in traffic! several other complaints were in life-threatening positions when their car broke down! we were fortunate!! we have since had it looked at by a friend who knows cars and is a mechanic, and he tells us that it is a defective fuel pump. He also tells us that it may also include replacing the fuel relay, but will definitely include replacing the fuel filter! with his labor cost and parts, we are looking at a cost (minimum--- barring no further complications) of around $400!! the dealership would be much more!!! at this time, due to financial distress, we cannot afford to get it fixed! my wife works 20+ miles away, and I am out of work due to a heart condition! this could not have happened at a worse time financially for us!!

- Elm Mott, TX, USA

Jun 272008

Malibu

The anti-theft system in my 2003 Chevrolet Malibu is defective, apparently this is a problem for just about every owner of a Chevy Malibu. This needs to be recalled by GM!!!! about once or twice a week when I attempt to start my car I pray the anti-theft system does not blink, because when it blinks that means the car isn't going to start. The owner's manual states that if this occurs then turn the key to the "on" position and let it sit for 10 minutes and then turn the key to "off" and start the car as normal. Well for about 1 year this worked, it was a hassle, but it worked. Now after about a year of this pain in the butt routine twice a week to start my car, finally it died on me while driving and will no longer start. GM is obviously aware of this malfunction because they have given instructions on how to deal with it in the owner's manual, the problem is they haven't done anything to correct the problem, after their suggestion fails to start the car. This malfunction needs to be recalled!!!!!!!

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA