- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 3 days ago
- November 23: NHTSA Delays GM Takata Airbag Recall Deadline recalls | 9 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 28 days ago
- November 2: Automakers Must Pay For Airbag Repairs if Takata Goes Bankrupt news | 30 days ago
- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 41 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Malibu
Worst 2004 Malibu engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light on5
- timing chain came loose4
- leaking antifreeze from head gasket3
- engine failure due to cracked block2
- engine light, goes into limp mode1
- intake manifold gasket leak1
- oil sensor light failure1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling16
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control15
- NHTSA: Engine13
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Malibu Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Malibu compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Malibu overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Malibu.