5.2

2005 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu:

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 232007

Malibu 4-cyl

I bought my car about 9 months ago. It has about 36,750 miles on it now and my theft system light started staying on after I would start my car. Then a couple of days later it would not let me start the car at all. The theft system light would steadily blink. I had to get it towed, they changed out the ignition in it and reprogrammed the car and runs fine. The GM place I took it to said they have had a lot of problems with this certain part going out in cars. I don't think it is fair that I had to pay for this when it has been out of warranty for only 700 miles.

- Jonesville, LA, USA

Feb 252007

Malibu 4-cyl

Re: 2005 Chevy Malibu sedan ls. (1). On 2-11-07, car started hard; accelarated poorly & ran rough at idle, w/'check engine light' flashing; ignition switch module was replaced (20,234 miles). (2) on 2-25-07, check engine lamp was on; a new catalytic converter was ordered (20,554 miles).

- Harrison Twp., MI, USA