8.7

2005 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu:

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Sep 182011

Malibu LS V6

So i am not sure if this is where this complaint should go or what. But i am able to rant so i am. I have to set my errands to three a day because if i do more then that when i go to start my car there is a long start and either it starts or it dies. More than either it DIES and i got to sit for an hour and then start my car again. One time in particular i was getting meds for my asthmatic daughter who was having an attack and ended up having my husband call 911 because my car wouldn't start. BS if you ask me

- , Wauwatosa, WI, USA

Feb 202009

Malibu LS V6

At first it only started stalling then after a few months it began not even wanting to start. Every time I took it to get checked out, they couldn't find out what's wrong. It scares me cause I do travel sometimes, and what if it happens when I'm 1,000 miles away from home. I love everything about this car except this, but I wish I had never bought the damn thing.

- , Harrison, AR, USA

Mar 102007

Malibu LS V6

This has happened twice this winter and both times the car had been started and gauge worked then it goes back to C and when we shut the car off it wouldn't start until the engine was cold. It was taken to dealership twice and put on computer and they can't find any problem with it. We now have no faith in driving the car as we don't know when it will happen again...

- , Fredericotn, New Brunswick, Canada