2005 Chevrolet Malibu fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu:

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Oct 122009

I have a 2005 Malibu, and have had a clunking noise in the steering since approx. 40,000miles. I have taken it to the garage several times and they have told me that Chevrolet did not make a place to lubricate the joints inside the column so that they dry out quickly, and are banging together and it is nothing to worry abouti do not agree, anything constantly clanging against another object is eventually going to wear out. I also just had my fuel tank, fuel sensor replaced, at the cost of 600. It started giving false readings and then got increasingly worse until it did not work anymore. My exterior lighting is also messed up. I have to replace bulbs frequently and it looks like the base of the bulb is melted when they take them out. I had contacted my local dealer on these issues and they stated no recalls.

- Beacon, NY, USA