1.8

2005 Chevrolet Malibu seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu:

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 012014

Malibu

Driver seat suddenly dropped and leaned to the right. Upon inspection of seat, the mounting bracket was found to be broken

- Hamburg, PA, USA

Oct 112011

Malibu 4-cyl

Air bag readiness light in the instrument panel comes on and off. Vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer to be serviced. Authorized dealer informed me that parts were modified since the original parts were unserviceable. Airbag coil bracket and switch were modified and installed.

- Naguabo, PR, USA

Jun 272011

Malibu

I own a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu, driving on highway and lost power steering. GM acknowledged there was an issue and issued an extended warranty on the defect 100,000/ 10year but my car has 106000 and they are refusing to help me. This is a major safety issue and it should be recalled. Estimated cost to fix $1100 in which I don't have. Major safety issue. I have 2 children and am extremely concerned about putting my kids in the back seat.

- Milford, MA, USA