2005 Chevrolet Malibu steering NHTSA complaints: Steering

NHTSA — Steering Problems

2005 Chevrolet Malibu (Page 1 of 15)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

2005 Chevrolet Malibu steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu:

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 1 of 15)

Dec 012014

Malibu

2005 Chevrolet Malibu. Steering wheel froze while driving. The consumer stated when the steering froze, she panicked and hit the side of a curb, with the undercarriage and the she hit a pole. The steering malfunction occurred several times throughout the year. The dealer was unable to diagnose the problem

- Dearborn, MI, USA

Oct 132014

Malibu

I have had my engine stall due to lack of fuel multiple times which seems dangerous, I travel on the expressway every day. What if it happens at an fast speed. I also have had multiple issues while steering my car. There is an loud popping, coming from a steering shaft, which has just gotton worse I am afraid the steering shaft is going to break! both of these issues have been an recall for 2005 Malibu. As I am clearly having these issues my car is not part of the recall" why not" if something happens and I end up in an accident I see a lawsuit. Not to mention I have a 4 month child!

- Stevensville, MI, USA

Oct 202014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. After starting the vehicle, the steering shaft and column detached from the rack and pinion steering gear. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Columbus, NE, USA

Jun 022014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control), NHTSA campaign number: 14V153000 (steering), and NHTSA campaign number: 14V224000 (power train). However, the parts needed to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Freeport, ME, USA

Oct 012014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the vehicle was repaired according to NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control), but the failure was not corrected. The vehicle experienced several failures after the repair. The steering wheel locked, the windows did not open or close, and the vehicle jerked while driving and when changing gears into drive or reverse. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 32,600.

- Washingotn , DC, USA

Nov 062014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control), NHTSA campaign number: 14V153000 (steering), and NHTSA campaign number: 14V224000 (power train). The contact stated that the parts needed were unavailable to repair the vehicle under the recalls. The dealer was unable to inform when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Council Bluffs, IA, USA

Oct 152014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that when the brakes were applied, there was an abnormal noise as the steering wheel seized. The vehicle was restarted and resumed to normal. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 129,000.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Jan 242014

Malibu

My daughter-in-law was driving the vehicle to work, lost control of the car, went off the road and hit a tree. Her brakes would not engage and she lost power in the steering forcing her to go off the road and hit a tree. There have been several recalls on the vehicle but it is not driveable, I still have the vehicle at my house.

- Cheboygan, MI, USA

Oct 012014

Malibu

Letter from senator warner on behalf of constituent re 2005 Malibu recalls (attn: Shane clem). The consumer stated each time he called the dealer, to inquire about getting the recall issues rectified, he was informed the parts were not available. Also, the emission control valve had to be replaced.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 182014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, the chime alarm activated and the power steering warning lamp illuminated as the power steering suddenly malfunctioned. As a result, the contact lost control of the vehicle and drove off the road and down an embankment. During the incident, the driver suffered a bruised left shoulder and left ribs and the front passenger suffered a dislocated right shoulder and neck injury. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Pickensville, AL, USA

Jun 022014

Malibu

My car is a part of the Chevy recall that effects the power steering on the car. My car will completely pull to the left while you are driving and there is vibration in the tires when you hit 45 miles and up. When you stop and let go of the wheel it completely turns the wheels to the left and the steering wheel does a 360 circle twice. I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old that I drive around in this car. I have been speaking with a local dealership galles Chevrolet and they keep telling me there wasn't a fix for a few months.. then I was told there was a fix but no parts. Now I have been told that I am on a list and to call back in 10 days to see if the parts are in. I called yesterday 10/14/14 and they said they still don't have the parts. This is the only vehicle my family has to drive. This car is a huge safety issue for me and my children and the car is unsafe to drive. GM is dragging their feet on this and it is extremely unacceptable. God forbid that we were involved in an accident and something happens to my children or myself or others. How can a company get away this? it has been months since they issued the recall and have not done anything about it. I have been working with a lawyer on this issue and will pursue full legal action if necessary. I also have had to replace tires on my car because of the wear on them from pulling left

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Mar 142014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated while driving at various speeds, the vehicle veered to right without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 150,151.

- Rio Vista, CA, USA

Sep 252014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact received recall notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V224000 (power train), NHTSA campaign number: 14V153000 (steering), and NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- New Castle , PA, USA

Jan 152009

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. While driving approximately 70 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to turn. The dealer stated that the battery cable needed to be tightened. The manufacturer was notified. The contact received recall notifications for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V153000 (steering) and 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 146,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 092013

Malibu

Steering was clunking and making other noises that made me question my safety. Took to dealer and had the repair done under extended 10 year/150,000 mile warranty with $49.50 as my deductible. Car is now making same noises 18 months later. Awaiting my Chevy dealer to get steering pump in stock so as to get repairs done and apply for reimbursement for initial repair due to recall.

- Mount Laurel, NJ, USA

Oct 062013

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while driving at 30 mph, the brake pedal failed to stop the vehicle and the steering wheel seized. The contact crashed into a tree and sustained minor injuries that require medical attention. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Edinburg, TX, USA

Sep 012014

Malibu

I was speeding trying to get on palmetto expressway when I suddenly noticed that I could not move the steering wheel, since that date my dad is using my car with great effort, and had tried to fix it, but there are no parts nowhere to solve the problem. What must I do? my car is also involved in recall 13036.

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

May 012014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the steering wheel was difficult to turn. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who was unable to diagnose the failure. The contact also stated that the entire door locks independently locked and unlocked. The contact received multiple notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V153000 (steering). The dealer and the manufacturer were contacted on numerous occasions, it was informed that the parts was not available, and there was no estimated time for when the parts would become available. The failure mileage was 108,182.

- Larain, OH, USA

Jun 062014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic and vehicle speed control), NHTSA campaign id number: 14V153000 (steering), and NHTSA campaign id number: 14V224000 (power train). The contact stated that the parts were not available. The dealer did not give a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Wilkesbarre, PA, USA

Jul 082014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2005 Malibu maxx. The contact stated while driving approximately 25 mph, the steering wheel seized without warning. The vehicle also started to make a jerking motion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V153000 (steering) however, the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Chapmanville, WV, USA